No Swearing server. Deterrent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Swearing server. Deterrent?

Well my clan has a policy on our server that swearing is against rules. My THEORY is that it may be a deterrent for people to come to the server if they know this. (or see others warned/kicked for it)

So i would like to hear your opinions on the matter. Thanks

Re: No Swearing server. Deterrent?

I think there's much more important aspects of a server that determine its popularity (or lack of).

I'd prefer a server without any language restrictions, but if the server is a pleasant place to play I can't see a filter affecting me too much.

Comment

Have a watershed. Before 9pm - No swearing, after 9pm swearing within reason.

Comment

bah the game is a 16 if your not used to swearing then there's something wrong with you, god damn 12 year olds ruin it all :hmm:

Comment

I think the no swearing thing is quite asinine when you're playing a game where people gib all over the place and the entire premise centers around killing others.

Comment

I'm 17, I live in Scotland of all places, yet I still prefer it if people wouldn't swear. Why? you ask, well it's just hardly ever necissary. I don't mind swearing if something really bad happens like the team is on a losing streak, but otherwise I don't mind a non-swearing server.

Comment

Swearing doesn't bother me.

Asshattery does.

Comment

Swearing doesn't bother me at all, people can yell "FAWK" and all they want as long as they don't attack other people or are being general assholes.

And if you do get a language filter anyway, pick something that doesn't ban you for saying "lol". Happened to me in CoD4, really odd experience :/

Comment

Like a post above said; the responsibility of children playing on servers without swearing falls to the parents that bought them a 16+ game. Although, many adults also dislike swearing which is where Oli's idea of a watershed comes in. This way it is possible to have the children and adults that dislike swearing to have time on your server as well as some people who have a more.. colourful vocabulary so to speak =]. 9pm sounds good to me.

Comment

Forcing restrictions on people when they want to express themselves is worse than swearing.

Comment

I'm indifferent, but some people might have the PC in a family room with speakers that can be heard by their children, even if the screen can't be seen. They might not appreciate people screaming obscenities down their microphone at 6pm when there is no need for it.

Originally posted by BobTheJob
                      Forcing restrictions on people when they want to express themselves is worse than swearing.
                      Very true but no one is forcing you to play on the server.

Comment

Cant you just use a language filter?

Comment

I'm indifferent

A no swearing rule would not shy me away from a server.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Tasty View Post
                            Cant you just use a language filter?
                            People look for, and find, ways around filters.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d View Post
                              People look for, and find, ways around filters.
                              Go duck yourself basshat.

Comment

Working...
                              X