Gaming is going back to PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming is going back to PC?

I have read rumors about price reduction for various Xbox flavours slated for September and also an interview with the guy named Carmac from id Software company saying that new consoles are probably coming soon. Will find links if anyone wants/is interested. Anyway I just wonder how people feel about killing off current, very capable generation of consoles to force people to buy new consoles that will not be compatible with games for current consoles.

Is it back to PC scenario?

Re: Gaming is going back to PC?

The only new console comingis the Wii2 and that is destined for late next year, if not 2010. Neither Xbox nor Playstation have plans for new consoles yet.

Comment

Only just now are developers starting to see themselves having to limit themselves on the 360 (Rage, MGS4{didnt go on because of limitations}) all the developers using ps3 say they are only using 10-30% of the ps3 possibilities so I'd say Nintendo is the most likely to pop out a console, microsoft might wait a few years and sony looks like they will last a good while with ps3.

Comment

Nintendo is selling too many Wii's to push out a new system so soon. It's already pretty well known or assumed that the next-gen of consoles is already in development by every company, at least internally.

It's only because the Wii 2 was publicly announced that people figure only Nintendo is hard at work on the next round already. I'd say it's a safe bet that every current console has a few years ahead of it before the next round begins anew.

Comment

As Alex said, there aren't any new generation of Xbox or PlayStation consoles coming anytime soon.

The price drops are to clear out old stock as units with the newer processors come out, and to increase their user install base (ie. as the profit from game sales start to make up for the losses of making the consoles themselves, the companies can reduce the prices of the consoles so that more users will buy them and then in turn buy more games).

Comment

Working...
          X