No announcement yet.

Any one know when BF 3 will come out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any one know when BF 3 will come out?

Originally posted by SpLiTz View Post
    Whaddya think about BF3 being like, BF1242. You could do archer, knight, pikes, horses, rogues, siege engines, greek fire grenades. Refine hand to hand combat and you might have a pretty kewl game. Either that, or go full fantasy and throw in magic casting, clerical healing, etc. I know that fantasy fps's haven't done well, but the BF series could probably get it right. I'd love be a part of a massive battlefield combat, warcraft style, where its outta hand.

I think there is a big fantasy fps'er coming out soon, so have to keep an eye on how it does.
    Dude, I think you forgot to make your text green.... :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
      hahahah field your crude, rude bastardism still amazes me xD
      hahaha +1

but you have to agree with him. most people that play this game for "FUN" really suck. and its quite funny that people bring real lifes into it when a person like field puts them on blast. i see it this way, Field your right and for all the people that are getting on his **** need to take a walk lol. watever though, So is anyone else hoping for a Karkand and or Jalalalalalalalallalalabad remake lol.:yay:

Comment

LOL OWNED

Comment

I'd vote for Oman or Kubra (assuming no OHK-from-400m-away TV missiles). I mean, like we really need another city map, guys.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealWolfgang View Post
            I'd vote for Oman or Kubra (assuming no OHK-from-400m-away TV missiles). I mean, like we really need another city map, guys.

~Wolfgang
            um ya we do lol. ay there were tanks in those maps that got free kills.

Comment

Originally posted by Fito68
              um ya we do lol. ay there were tanks in those maps that got free kills.
              I guess I'll just never understand the logic behind buying a Battlefield game and wanting maps without vehicles in them. Didn't understand it when they introduced IO into BF2 and I don't understand it now. Like playing chess using only pawns.

~Wolfgang

Comment

i hope every city map in battlefield 3 has one team with 1 base and another with 9..seriously how about more GOOD maps with teams that start with 1 base each?

Comment

The day that Karkand gets into another game is the day i go crazy. It's Spawn, die, spawn, die.

Anyways. I don't see why people complain about other peoples stats and k/dr. I'm the same as FURRY BIRD. I mainly play for fun nowdays and don't really care about stats. All i really care about is Teamplay tbh.

KDR dosnt say much about the player,
                  i can make a new soldier and camp titan guns all day long .
                  Exactly.

Whaddya think about BF3 being like, BF1242. You could do archer, knight, pikes, horses, rogues, siege engines, greek fire grenades. Refine hand to hand combat and you might have a pretty kewl game. Either that, or go full fantasy and throw in magic casting, clerical healing, etc. I know that fantasy fps's haven't done well, but the BF series could probably get it right. I'd love be a part of a massive battlefield combat, warcraft style, where its outta hand.

No, no, no, no, no. Anything that is like World of Warcraft is FAIL.

Comment

Originally posted by FURRY BIRD View Post
                    A very few can do this, and over time you will make more money from a real job as there are no guarantees in gaming. I wish gaming could be a living, but unless
                    you live it breath it, you could be the very few that can do it for a while, but it isn't a real living.

Man just stick to playing for fun that is all I do.

Comment

I guess I'll just never understand the logic behind buying a Battlefield game and wanting maps without vehicles in them. Didn't understand it when they introduced IO into BF2 and I don't understand it now. Like playing chess using only pawns.

~Wolfgang
                      I agree. I don't understand them either. Makes me wonder why they don't just go play something else.

Originally posted by Welsh:]boy
                      Anyways. I don't see why people complain about other peoples stats and k/dr. I'm the same as FURRY BIRD. I mainly play for fun nowdays and don't really care about stats. All i really care about is Teamplay tbh.
                      Me too. Good teamwork and a good time in TS with friends. I still play to win, but the day that I have to fall back on my accomplishments in a video game to feel better about myself is the day that I will stop playing and re-evaluate my life. Really, at the end of the day, it is still just a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
                        I agree. I don't understand them either. Makes me wonder why they don't just go play something else.
                        Personally speaking, I don't like using vehicles because they are boring. I mean, I've tried them, but going 10 MPH in a tank shooting at another tank is not very exciting. I guess a gunship could be fun but I don't have the time to play enough to get good at that.

The reason I don't play something else is because BF2142 has very good infranty/squad/team play. I enjoy being Assault and reviving my teammates and especially being revived by said teammates. I typically play infantry-based maps for this reason.

Having said that, IO is a failure because they took out FAV's, when most of the maps need them. Plus, I think it is rather fun dodging a walker, or taking one out with a pilum. IO seems too "quiet".

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

yeah that was my thoughts its like i dont really prefer the "patient thinking mans game" where im getting into good positions and trying to be clever in not-as-fast paced vehicle and large map combat i would prefer to run around like a maniac and move my mouse around alot and do cool stuff going boomheadshot.

i played CoD4 but i really dont like the bad physics/ no leaderboard/ bad teamwork/ lack of depth. Counterstrike is this fun but odd game that some people have insisted on playing for 6 years or more i dont really get it and then UT is just goofy in my opinion though it has its perks.

i would compare the games to a peice of cake. I may choose a certain slice of cake that is available that like more than the others but i might not want to eat all of it, just the parts that i like.

i dont think everyone ever completely eats everything that can be eaten and enjoys it to the fullest extent.

i think one mistake they made when making the game was to not credit people with a certain amount of extra points for destroying vehicles. You need to generally be smart to destroy vehicles and they take effort to destroy but then the effort is not properly rewarded.

Comment

i think IO would suck on large maps where you can you need transportation to get around. BUT on smaller city style maps, IO is fun. personally, i LOVE hand to hand combat. but that's not everyone's cup of tea. you just need to realize that different people have different playing styles. this is why people have their favorite kits, it suits them. to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                              i think one mistake they made when making the game was to not credit people with a certain amount of extra points for destroying vehicles. You need to generally be smart to destroy vehicles and they take effort to destroy but then the effort is not properly rewarded.
                              Quick, someone find a calendar because I am going to agree with Field.:laugh:

You're right, sometimes there just isn't the incentive to try and take down that walker when you could go the other way and have a gunfight with guys on foot. If they would have even given just 0.5 or 1 point extra when you destroy a vehicle that is occupied I think it would have made it a little more enticing.

How many pages has this thread been off topic for?

Comment

Yeah, stay away from the walkers and just mind your own little infantry business cuz you might get hurt.

Sincerely,

Walker Whore

Comment

Working...
                                X