QuestionzorZ?:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuestionzorZ?:

hey I'm a big 2142 player however i have just started getting into bf2 as well and I'm loving small 10v 10 karkands

anyway as you may have guessed i like small scale, high skill play which is why i play alot of clanmod for bf2142 which leads me to my question:

is there any such mod for bf2, sort of a "lite" mod that strips out all the spam etc like sticking you with stock guns only (and maybe removing a few nades lol?)

regards,

Chris

p.s. you all know 2142 is better :yay:

Re: QuestionzorZ?:

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
    p.s. you all know 2142 is better :yay:
    You better put on your flame retardant suit

(I agree btw)

I haven't heard about such a mod for BF2 but if there were I would download right away. Even the bots spam nades in vBF2...

Comment

hehe i hope i get a nice debate going

yeh nade spam and nade launcher whores is sooo annoying in bf2, it's my only real issue so far ...

it's like " You have a gun in that kit aswell btw ..."

If only i could like ...haX a krylov out then there would be some pain

Comment

The nade launcher in BF2 is nothing compared to the ridiculous PK rocket spam in 2142.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog
          The nade launcher in BF2 is nothing compared to the ridiculous PK rocket spam in 2142.
          Indeed; it was nerfed pretty early on after the release of BF2. While you can still kill pretty easily, it's nowhere near the PK rockets.

Comment

BF2Pro.

Comment

Indeed, PK rockets are annoying (and I'm a big 2142 fan)

What I never really liked about BF2 though is the pronediving and the fact that there are few weapons that are accurate in any way. Bullet spread is far from as tight as in 2142, at least scoped in (it's silly that the AK is almost as accurate scoped and unscoped, even over great distances)

And jets raping everything, but that's a different story.

Comment

Try out this server for highly skilled infantry play:

Try out this server for highly skilled chopper play:

No need to download any mods/maps. They just modify things on the server side.

They're both in the EU, although there is a chopper server in the US; search for NM.

Comment

ha chris knew you would crack. cant handle the spamz0r

Comment

silence infidel slayer :P

as for now let's turn this into a bf2 Vs bf 2142 thread

be nice this is gunna be an educated debate not mindless flaming and spam !!

yes i agree the nade launcher aint as bad as pk's (which i also hate with a passion as you can guess from my sig :salute: ) but it's still pretty ***-tastic that guys just run around with it and as soon as anyone comes close they just blow it up at their feet killing you, but if i go on a ff on server i shudder to think about how many tk's i will get off their nades

also the innacuracy of the weapons is shocking, but it also seems that everyone elses gun is pinpoint accurate lol, oh well i must be missing something i will figure it out ...

i like 2142 better because i can win with my aim as opposed to the ammount of nades i can hoof at the enemy flags / cluster points ...

Comment

now i prefer BF2 over 2142 but i cant really justify my opinion based on the fact i have only played 2142 on a co op lan server against only one actual person, but Bf2 is just the best game i have ever played with better mods (as far as i know) Project reality, Allied intent Xtended, though from what ive played 2142 is the same but with an extra gametype. they basically are the same game, just a different setting and content. Really, why is it that BF2 players and 2142 players are mortal enimies? its almost the same game, almost.

Comment

My opinion doesn't hold much sway as I have only played BF2 against a mate over the LAN. One on one battles were pretty awesome and I had great fun. loved the choppers.

Didn't like the constant raping from Jets though - that was painfully not fun.

When 2142 was released I wen't straight out and bought it and got online ASAP. I have played that game more than any other. I love the near future setting. Love the clean futuristic look.

The game is showing it's age though now. After playing Crysis it looks quite dated. I would love to get stuck in to the next generation Battlefield but the thought of another modern day shooter set in the middle east does not appeal to me at all. Would really like to see 2142 updated with new maps, weapons, classes and a new game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac
                          Didn't like the constant raping from Jets though - that was painfully not fun.
                          yeah that has killed the game for me as well but it still prefer BF2

Comment

Originally posted by randomguy114 View Post
                            now i prefer BF2 over 2142 but i cant really justify my opinion based on the fact i have only played 2142 on a co op lan server against only one actual person, but Bf2 is just the best game i have ever played with better mods (as far as i know) Project reality, Allied intent Xtended, though from what ive played 2142 is the same but with an extra gametype. they basically are the same game, just a different setting and content. Really, why is it that BF2 players and 2142 players are mortal enimies? its almost the same game, almost.

you would be surpirised , since playing bf2 i have come to realist just how differen't they actually are, sure the general objective of captuing points is the same but the means to which you reach this end are totally differen't,

the most major difference is the accuracy of the weapons imo, in bf2 the designers seem to have sacrificed accuracy for gameplay as to create alot more intense CQC instead of long rande never ending shootouts (such as games liek op flaspoint and armed assault i think ?). in 2142 they seem to have corrected that a bit and made the assault rifles ALOT more accurate. also the hit detection is miiiiiiiles better, t's still not perfect (especially the knife) but that may be a flaw in the engine / netcode used for both the games

Comment

why cant both sides just settle on the fact that battlefield will never die, no how many games claim to be a battlefield killer and then fail *chough* ffow *chough*

Comment

Working...
                              X