Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: QuestionzorZ?:

haha agreed.

i had such high expectations of FFOW and it just fell flat on it's face in an epic pillar of fail

bothe games are very differen't and also very good i would reccomend anyone who plays bf2 to try 2142 and deffinitely vice versa

it would be beneficial for both communities imo

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy
      Try out this server for highly skilled infantry play:
      http://www.game-monitor.com/bf2_Game...aming.com.html
      That server is so overkill, it would have been better if sniper was allowed .

Comment

Originally posted by Chris--My--azz View Post
        bothe games are very differen't and also very good i would reccomend anyone who plays bf2 to try 2142 and deffinitely vice versa

it would be beneficial for both communities imo
        yeah i need to have a proper try of 2142. it was kinda boring playing with bots (like it is for every battlefield)

Comment

I used to play many hours of bf2 before moving onto 2142. While I still prefer 2142 for its gameplay and overall balance, bf2 is still good to get into after extended periods away from playing it. Grenade launchers used to be annoying how its one hit kill gave you little chance to react. Onwards into the future and you have everyone and their dog using the pk rocket + defibrilator loadout. That, would probably be why the rockets are just as bad. Otherwise I would fix it with a max range cap + blast size/dmg nerf.

But I still hate jets more.

Comment

I play both games and i think 2142 is the better designed game overall, with accuracy/hitreg/movement (aka.No prone spam lol)

I do like both games and to be honest play more BF2 at the moment even though i am in the middle of a BF2142 Nations Cup.....

BF2 has better maps

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel View Post
              I play both games and i think 2142 is the better designed game overall, with accuracy/hitreg/movement (aka.No prone spam lol)

I do like both games and to be honest play more BF2 at the moment even though i am in the middle of a BF2142 Nations Cup.....

BF2 has better maps
              That's because 2142 is essentially a BF2 mod - hence why I've seen videos of people importing 2142 guns/vehicles into BF2. They basically fixed major gameplay issues (aside from hitreg and the like) added a few new guns/vehicles, and voila 2142!

Comment

Originally posted by DOGGiE52
                BF2Pro.
                yup. http://www.teamwarfare.com/files/dl/BF2/bf2pro-1.5.exe

Comment

Well I think even 1942 and vietnam used the same engine as BF2 and 2142, so doesn't that make all those games mods too?

Comment

Actually, yes.

Codename Eagle which was one of DICE's first games used the Refractor engine. For BF1942, DICE developed a new engine, the Refractor 2 engine that could support a whole bunch of new nifty features.

BFV used the same engine, very little modifications were made.

Now, when BF2 was released most people thought that they had developed a completely new engine, but infact it was just a very very heavily modified BF1942 engine Same with 2142, although it's based on BF2's engine and not modified from scratch.

Look it up on Wikipedia if you want to know more.

Comment

on the BF2 vs 2142 debate

BF2 has PR, therefore wins

Comment

BF 2142 Players> :cheers: <BF2 Players.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberator29
                          BF 2142 Players> :cheers: <BF2 Players.
                          i agree :]

ive been spending more time on bf2 and its been fun

Comment

Originally posted by iQu'e View Post
                            Actually, yes.

Codename Eagle which was one of DICE's first games used the Refractor engine. For BF1942, DICE developed a new engine, the Refractor 2 engine that could support a whole bunch of new nifty features.

BFV used the same engine, very little modifications were made.

Now, when BF2 was released most people thought that they had developed a completely new engine, but infact it was just a very very heavily modified BF1942 engine Same with 2142, although it's based on BF2's engine and not modified from scratch.

Look it up on Wikipedia if you want to know more.

qft!

even thought 2 games have the same engine doesn't make them the same n1 example is half life the same game as team fortress 2 ? they handle the same and even use some of the same noises but is tf2 just a mod ?

Comment

We should be arguing how Battlefield is better than COD or Counter strike, not amongst ourselves. We need to unite as one. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberator29 View Post
                                We should be arguing how Battlefield is better than COD or Counter strike, not amongst ourselves. We need to unite as one. Seriously.
                                Thats what i said ages ago!!! But i agree 110%

Comment

Working...
                                X