Advice on servers for an old rookie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on servers for an old rookie

I know ; what the hell was I thinking?!?! I let this game aside for too long and I miss it. It was of course, because I bought BF2142 the day it came out and have played only that since then. As a result, in BF2 I'm still only Sergeant (real close to Staff Sergeant) after all this time, while most of the players have propably reached the officers' ranks.

I know I'm not a BF2 pro, but after playing through all the BF games in the series - especially 2142 - I wouldn't consider myself a "noob", as I'm not doing stupid stuff when I play and I'm a good team player. I really want to get back to BF2. So the only question is this. Are there still servers out there where someone like me will still be welcome, or am I doomed to exploiters, hackers or whores servers ? For the latter, it would be clear to me that the only course of action would be to let go, which I'd rather not, since the community here has always been great to me.

Note that I'm not really looking to join a clan, because as a family man, I'm mostly a casual gamer with an schedule that's not always set in stone I'm just interested in playing in a squad, following orders and winning of course!

In any case, thanks in advance for any reply!

Re: Advice on servers for an old rookie

LOL OWNED

Comment

Try this one:

If you like, you can join as well. We are not playing in clanwars, we are just bunch of mature players who have fun together.

Comment

Thanks! I sure will. Any advice regarding the unlocks?

Comment

The flashbang comes with the FN2000 kit. When you use that gun (and only that gun) the smoke grenade is replaced with a flashbang. I recommend you go with the PKM over the other two, especially if you favor support over those classes (the FN2000 isn't a big upgrade, if at all, over the defaults and the Scar isn't as good as the G36). The PKM is not quite as good as the RPK in my opinion, but much better than the M249 and Type 95.
          Edit: Oh and you sound just the type for our server. =L1S= members are mostly casual gamers with families, and we have a few Canadians like you as well. By the way tonight is I/O night if you are interested in trying out the server. Just use the info for the server and/or vent in my sig and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugerdog View Post
            The flashbang comes with the FN2000 kit. When you use that gun (and only that gun) the smoke grenade is replaced with a flashbang. I recommend you go with the PKM over the other two, especially if you favor support over those classes (the FN2000 isn't a big upgrade, if at all, over the defaults and the Scar isn't as good as the G36). The PKM is not quite as good as the RPK in my opinion, but much better than the M249 and Type 95.
            Thanks a bunch for clearing it up. :thumbsup: I don't particularly prefer any kit ; I just want the best possible unlocks, since I'm ranking up slowly. It probably is simpler to tell what I already have :
            • DAO-12
            • G3
            • G36C
            • L85A1
            • M95
            • G36E

The only way I wouldn't go right now is the other sniper unlock. I regret the M95, as I'm not really the sniper type.

Originally posted by Rugerdog View Post
            Edit: Oh and you sound just the type for our server. =L1S= members are mostly casual gamers with families, and we have a few Canadians like you as well. By the way tonight is I/O night if you are interested in trying out the server. Just use the info for the server and/or vent in my sig and have fun.
            Thanks for the invitation. I probaly won't tonight, since I almost didn't sleep last night, but are there other nights during the week where it'd be a good time to try out?

Comment

I would still recommend the PKM with those unlocks you already have.

Any weekday after normal work hours is a good time, and weekends the server starts sometime in the late morning (it really varies). Monday IO night is the only special night we have now (we used to have SF Thursdays, but there isn't enough demand for that anymore).

Comment

PKM!! Its a beast!

Comment

If you're an older gentleman, I would recommend playing on the various dragon valley servers. Dragon is often more of a casual environment and I notice it is favored by many of the older players.

As for the unlocks, that always comes down to preference. I play Spec Ops almost exclusively so I can tell you that the Scar-L is an excellent gun at any range. I used to use it all the time until I started playing SF (which doesn't have it). Now I mostly use the G36C.

Good luck on the 'field!

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
                    PKM!! Its a beast!
                    Hmmm must get the PKM as my next unlock. a few okay rounds to getting seargent.

Comment

PKM it'll be then! Since I'll have another unlock point with SF, I may choose the SCAR as well. If it's similar to the one in BF2142, it will surely be worth it

Comment

If you have SF then you can try SCAR-L, it's on Navy SEALs maps (Iron Gator, Leviatan, Devils Perch). Most (including me) prefer to use G36C as SpecOps anyway, because it doesn't have recoil at all.

Comment

Ok thanks. What about the MP-7 for the engie and the P90 for the anti-tank then? I know that they're not relevent on IO maps, but I'm usually interested in playing where vehicules are present.

Comment

Personally I prefer the P90 over the MP7, but you can't really go wrong with either.

Comment

I just realized that the MP7 is not an option anymore, since I haven't unlocked the MK3A1 yet (which is lame, judging from what I've been told). If I remember correctly, it will thus not be available to me...

Comment

Working...
                              X