Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Titan mode: are you a titan attacker or defender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan mode: are you a titan attacker or defender?

go check your stats at EA's site or 2142-stats to see:

mine says:

Attack points 4016

Defend points 3765

i'm definitely a titan assaulter most of the times, and although the stats are close, i've spent much more time assaulting. it's also easier to get defend pts than attack pts. (i would even say a typical KDR while attacking might be 0.30 while it can be something like 5.00 if you camp the titan). let's see how other people's ratios are. i'm gonna say if you got more than twice defend than attack, you are a titan defender pin whore!

ps i think DICE should've made a pin to reward the attacking of the titan rather than defending it. defender pin aka titan camp pin is one of many reasons why players camp the console with their infinite supply of nades, sentry guns shooting every direction, and endless spam of recon explosives.

Re: Titan mode: are you a titan attacker or defender?

Attacker. I eat titans for lunch.

Comment

eh i consider these people mentally retarded

support nade spammer+ sentry gun poopers (worthless annoying things)
      recon rdx campers (willing to wait alot because they suck at the game)
      Assault pk hall defenders (pk rockets were a mistake by the game designers)

eh if i get nailed by an engi that is camping with a mitchel, sudnik or pilum im like "meh" he shot me

Comment

Defend Defend Defend. I once had a round with 101 kills and 17 deaths just by guarding one of the vent areas. And no I wasnt camping with RDX or mines I was an Assault Medic, but when I would run out of ammo I would pick up the enemies Recon kits and THEN camp with RDX! Its not cheap if your using their cheap equipment :thumbsup:.

Comment

I've grown to dislike both - I'd rather keep the silos capped if I can help it. But once in a while, I get caught up in either because of necessity or because I've run out of work.

On defense, I tend to pick up the role of the headless chicken. I lurk in the cargo bay and soften up whoever shows up so there's less people at the doorframe and they are more badly injured, ready to get killed by whoever's camping the corridor. Generally, those guys don't watch their backs and focus on what's ahead, so I can easily obliterate a full squad that stares at the doorframe.

On offense, I'll make a quick run as Recon (Engineer if FF is on) and blow up as many consoles as I can before the cavalry arrives. Once I die and find the place will be difficult to penetrate, I switch to Assault, guard the invaders and distribute health and revives. I'll patiently wait for an opening in the defense, then spearhead the assault into the corridor/core and clean it out of foes.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberator29
            Defend Defend Defend. I once had a round with 101 kills and 17 deaths just by guarding one of the vent areas. And no I wasnt camping with RDX or mines I was an Assault Medic, but when I would run out of ammo I would pick up the enemies Recon kits and THEN camp with RDX! Its not cheap if your using their cheap equipment :thumbsup:.
            yes it is

Comment

i've often found myself as the sole attacker on a titan many times. and this is in those large servers, so it's somewhat of a surprise that nobody other than me is attacking. once in a while the sacrifice will net me a problem solver pin but it pales in comparison to the multiple titan camp pins you can get in a round.

Comment

I attack in about 75% of Titan rounds, depending on the conditions on the ground. It's deceptively easy with a reasonable command of grenades and a Baur. It does not take a great deal of intelligence to outsmart and kill the average grenade spammer or RDX monkey, and my KDR ratio tends to do pretty well when I go on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond621 View Post
                  I attack in about 75% of Titan rounds, depending on the conditions on the ground. It's deceptively easy with a reasonable command of grenades and a Baur. It does not take a great deal of intelligence to outsmart and kill the average grenade spammer or RDX monkey, and my KDR ratio tends to do pretty well when I go on offense.
                  how big are the servers you play on usually?

if you play 52-64 player servers it's very often you find multiple console campers, usually few support guys nade spamming. intelligence won't get you anywhere near the console when there is a nade going off infront of you every couple seconds. intelligence should get you off the titan when you're up against that.

Comment

Conquest.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
                      how big are the servers you play on usually?

if you play 52-64 player servers it's very often you find multiple console campers, usually few support guys nade spamming. intelligence won't get you anywhere near the console when there is a nade going off infront of you every couple seconds.
                      That's why I don't play on 64 player servers in a game mode designed for 32 to 48 players.

intelligence should get you off the titan when you're up against that.
                      I agree wholeheartedly. Getting teams to overcommit to defensive work, and then proceeding to drive them into the ground with 4 out of 5 silos for the remainder of the round is a valid strategy, and often the most tactically sound one. Seems like it'd be a damn good one too on the larger servers. Anything less than two grenade spammers and an RDX monkey is workable with a bit of coordination and timing, though, and I rarely see more than that myself.

But hey, your mileage may vary. Adapt to the situation and play smart, and you won't hear a peep from me in criticism.

Comment

i do either

although i used to be an absolute defend whore , i would actually move to the losing team just so i can defend, but i have never been a corridor camper (except one round with stacked teams, it was 2 vs 20+ needless to say we lost but i had a daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn fine score)
                        i just tend to mull arround with my assault rifle doing laps of the titan; il pod behind, kill a load run through the titan moppping up attackers, go back to pods and repeat,
                        also i don't take pk's im still a herzog whore all the way

Comment

Defense because the enemy is usually doing the same thing. I'll go for silos if the game is close, but the only time I set foot on the enemy titan is when it's pretty clear that we're going to breach the core.

Attack: 495
                          Defense: 1802
                          Silo caps: 1243

Comment

I defend or cap silos.

Comment

Attack attack attack. Defense is boring and easy. My stats have a huge tilt to offense.

Titan Attack Score 12098
                              Titan Defend Score 5444
                              Captured Missile Silos 13047

The most telling stat IMHO are these tho

Titan Components Destroyed 1436
                              Titan Cores Destroyed 167
                              Problem Solver Pin Total Awarded: 13

Pound the ground, then pound their titan. If they all go on D, pound the ground some more, till they back off, then go back up. Simple but effective.

Comment

Working...
                              X