Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone played the game on ultra high sound quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone played the game on ultra high sound quality?

Good sound can really give you an edge. When you can hear every sound around the battlefield you aren't often taken by surprise.

Comment

i got some nice headphones that have good directional sound i think they give you an advantage over someone that is using just the 2 speakers on thier computer

Comment

i use ultra but hear no difference so i use high. with xtreme gamer x-fi. i'm assuming that ultra uses a little more of your resources like cpu so i'm fine with high or even medium at times. i barely notice anything.

Comment

Ultra allows 128 different sounds i believe.

Comment

I have an X-Fi Extreme Gamer myself, and I don't notice much of a difference between High and Ultra High. Either way, the sound quality and directional accuracy is superb. Since U.H. probably uses dramatically more resources, I leave mine on High.

Folks that have commented as such are quite correct - good sound is a very overlooked advantage in this and any modern game. Games that do it well, like 2142, really give an advantage to those with the hardware to leverage it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex98uk View Post
              Ultra allows 128 different sounds i believe.
              i know that, but while i can tell the difference from medium (32) to high (64), i can't from high to ultra high.

Comment

I know you can't, it's marketing. It makes nowt all difference, but at BF2's release, people went out and bought X-Fi's.

Comment

Weapon sounds are a lot different for me on ultra high quality.

Comment

Working...
                  X