• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waaah_wah
    replied
    Re: can any one play without being a gernade whore

Originally posted by Yaz888 View Post
    NO ONE 'nade spams in PR.
    My squad does 2 nades each do wonders when attacking enemy flags. But unfortunately nades, in PR are a bit nerfed now. Hopefully they will be better in 0.8.

Long fuse + deviation when throwing unless you stand still + not so big kill radius + redused throw distance = crap.

Leave a comment:

• Yaz888
    Guest replied

NO ONE 'nade spams in PR.

Leave a comment:

• boxman80
    Guest replied

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
    Oh, please stop this BF2 and realism

If it was real I would be hired by US Air Force immediately
    There's nothing quite like blowing one's own trumpet on an internet forum for letting everyone know exactly how skilled and cool you are,...

Leave a comment:

• waaah_wah
    replied

Originally posted by gypsyd01 View Post
    Mate how the hell is nade spam realistic?
    Already told ya

But ill agree than on 64player Karkand it gets pretty insane. But since i only play on Karkand with no more than 32 players i rarely see that amount of spam. The only spam i usually see, is squads or just groups of people nading flags or alleys when the UAV is up.

And that my friend is realistic.

Leave a comment:

• ShredderTitan
    Guest replied

I know what this guy means..

Yeah, how can chucking brown bags on the floor behind a wall and throwing grenades that appear in your hand realistic?? :laugh:

I think it would be good if servers could ban certain weapons, or just grenades, but enough of that fantasising because it's not going to happen :laugh:

Leave a comment:

• imported_kiwi
    replied

Oh, please stop this BF2 and realism

If it was real I would be hired by US Air Force immediately

Leave a comment:

• gypsyd01
    Guest replied

Originally posted by waaah_wah
    Can you stop whining?

Nade spam is effective and realistic.

Mate how the hell is nade spam realistic?

Leave a comment:

• TrudgiN
    replied

the trick is to throw your nades at the nade spammers before they can throw theirs then plug the survivors

Leave a comment:

• =98=
    replied

If you don't like grenade whores, shoot them with the big pointy metal thing in the middle of your screen, it's a lot more effective at close range than frag.

I learned to adapt to other peoples play. I never attempt to cap flags when i know there are people around. I let my team mates do that whilst i scout the spawn points for those grenade whores. You get a lot more than the 4/2 points from capping flags and you rarely die since the defenders are focused on nading the flag.

If you are a medic, you can take trips into the flag, revive and then gtfo.

Leave a comment:

• Alex6714
    replied

I joined jalalabad a few days ago. It used to be a sniper war over the hills outside the city and people shooting each other inside the city. Now it is just 2 Napoleonic lines each side of a hill with ammo crates throwing grenades.

Boring much?

Doesn´t matter too me, because I play mods only. But its realistic? Huh? No, I don´t think 30 soldiers start throwing 1 grenade every 2 seconds at possible enemy....

Yes, into a building, hole etc. But not as a main engagement weapon and used like artillery.

Also, one guided JDAM is very different from 100 grenades. Otherwise, you would see soldiers running up to said Taliban position and nadespamming them?

Leave a comment:

• boxman80
    Guest replied

Originally posted by waaah_wah
    Can you stop whining?

Nade spam is effective and realistic.
    The only time multiple grenades would be used on a target in real life is bunker/dug out/ trench clearing, where the enemy is in a confined space. In most war arenas today, certainly in Iraq, the general infantry wont be carry frags at all a lot of the time. This is the case for the British forces anyway.

As far as in game goes, frag spam is a bit of a game spoiler as it ruins a good firefight. Generally it certinly ISN'T realistic. The game already sufferers from shortage of good infantry engagement, as too many people are too keen to just go running into a fight, rambo style, all guns blazing.

It will be interesting to see how the Battlefield Series develops with Infantry battles a key focus area, as it was clearly an after thought for BF2.

Leave a comment:

• jesus
    replied

How come I don't have a problem with nade spam?

Leave a comment:

• imported_kiwi
    replied

No

Speaking of spam, in UT you would get replies something like this:

* join IRC channel #whine
    * would you like some cheese with whine?
    * go play tetris maybe

etc

If something is part of the game accept it, adjust your gameplay or change gametype/game

Leave a comment:

• Sloi sauce
    Guest replied

The question is, do you lose any sleep over it? If you're complaining because the nade spam actually works against you, may I suggest you take a step back and evaluate your current tactics instead of asking others to play in your pre-defined manner?

Leave a comment:

• waaah_wah
    replied

Originally posted by #Kodak View Post
    Not to sidetrack, but how does that make any sense?

If that's true, and each throw a grenade, what if there really wasn't an enemy presence? That's either a waste of ammunition or there's a possibility of harming civilians in the area.
    The "spam" he is referring to is a single individual lobbing 4+ grenades at a time into areas where he isn't even positive that there's an enemy - just for the sake of throwing them.
    Lol Americans drop 2000 lbs JDAMS on possible insurgent positions in Afganistan. Lifes cost more than grenades or bombs. If you throw a grenade each and theres noone there, no big deal, you have 3 more grenades you can use if needed. But if the enemy actually are there, and ambush your squad coz you didnt use your grenades, you will loose far more than just 10+ nades

Leave a comment:

Working...
X