My biggest issue with the Wii.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest issue with the Wii.

Games are hard to come by. Despite the fact that they've been out for at least a couple months, finding some games such as Fire Emblem, Mario Kart, Guitar Hero 3 or Rock Band has been nothing short of an impossible task.

I don't really understand why Nintendo has such logistics problems, but it's really pissing me off. I'm tempted to retire my Wii entirely.

Re: My biggest issue with the Wii.

....We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Comment

when i goto the local store there are tons of wii games, but in canada it might be harder to find stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Dairuka View Post
        I don't really understand why Nintendo has such logistics problems, but it's really pissing me off. I'm tempted to retire my Wii entirely.
        I don't think you can blame Nintendo, I have no problems locating most Wii games in Denmark.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
          I don't think you can blame Nintendo, I have no problems locating most Wii games in Denmark.
          Trust me when I say that I blame the retailers too.

However, I waited patiently for Guitar Hero 3 to come out for the Wii many months after the initial release for the PS3 and X-box 360 - only to discover that there hasn't been a tangible copy of it in the entire lower mainland for the better part of six months, simply due to licensing issues and logistical problems between Nintendo, the third-party developer and whatever shipping companies they have. Of course I blame the retailers for this too... but when Walmart, London Drugs, EBgames, Future Shop, Bestbuy, Circuit City and even more non-franchise game sales retail outlets say the same thing that it's a problem with nintendo, I find myself more apt to believe them over Nintendo who still fails to recognize this problem on their forums and customer service replies.

Everyday seeing that PS3 and X-box 360 version on the shelf, was torture for me... I finally just gave up and got it for the PS3.

I still want Fire Emblem though, since I can't get it on the PS3 or X-box 360.

Comment

yeh i know what you mean. i borrowed Mario Kart for a day or two and loved it so tried buying it. that was nearly 2 months ago and i still don't have it.
            i have it ordered on play.com, and check the shops if i'm passing too, but to no prevail as of yet. all i can do is hope.

Comment

Originally posted by ham_411 View Post
              yeh i know what you mean. i borrowed Mario Kart for a day or two and loved it so tried buying it. that was nearly 2 months ago and i still don't have it.
              i have it ordered on play.com, and check the shops if i'm passing too, but to no prevail as of yet. all i can do is hope.
              There back in stock in store at the minute, not for too long though matey. But yeah Nintendo are the worst for this sort of thing.

Comment

I don't usually have trouble finding games for my Wii.. well, I should say, games that are out. The lack of blockbuster games for the system is kind of a downfall.

Comment

This is where ordering online can really help, You can find all of those titles besides mario kart somewhere online.

Comment

Its not surprising. The Wii has out-sold than the 360 already, and the 360 came out a full year earlier.

Its in extremely high demand still.

Its mostly because of high demand that you'll have problems, not because of nintendo. I have never really had much trouble finding anything for it as long as I looked looked around a bit and waited 3 months after it initially came out.

Comment

Mario Kart

If you guys looking to buy mario Kart, my next store nieghbor next store has like 10 of them. Let me know if you are looking to buy one.

Comment

man im fine with mines i got mine for free LOL

Comment

Thread revive ftl.

Comment

I don't have any issues either.. I had it as a gift so no complaints whatsoever..

Comment

Does anyone else have a Nintendo Wii Display Issue? Anyone else having issues with little weird looking things on your Wii Home/Channels and games you know aren't supposed to be there? Sometimes they barely appear and other times they're big enough to annoy you in your opponents court in Tennis. I just recently noticed it's moved away from just games and it seems to be on my Wii Channels/home... Pretty much anywhere thats light colored you'll see this weird lines and stuff.. I think this is an already known issue, but I'm not sure if its recent because I just bought mine 3 weeks ago and I see threads dating about this subject since Feb.. soo, whats the deal with nintendo and what can I do about this?

Comment

Working...
                              X