My Major Gripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Major Gripes

I am having a great time playing this game but some aspects of it are just so frustrating and these are the 2 major gripes i have with the game.

Firstly its the idea of being able to distinguish between your own team and the enemy, countless times i have been team killed purely for the fact that the teams both have the same skins, one being maybe slightly darker. The ONLY way i am able to tell if people are the enemy is when their red name shows up or my crosshair locks onto them.

Another issue concerning this is the amount of clutter on the screen in the way of friends names and such, sometimes the names get so scrambled with the enemies you really have no idea if the guy you are next to is friendly or not and i have been killed far too many times because i thought the person behind me was my teammate due to him having a blue name near his head with the red tag not showing up. Its getting frustrating.

My second gripe is the amount of damage a player has to take in this game, it seems the amount of hits from guns has been dropped substantially since any other bf game. I preferred it when your gun would drop a person in 3 or 4 shots whereas atm it feels like i pump 8 LMG round into a guy, 5 of which are HS's, before he finally drops to the floor. Im not into the realism aspect of the game but when a shotgun or pistol does ridiculous damage from 20 metres away but my M60 takes 8 rounds point blank it gets very concerning.

I have a few other grips with the game but these are the ones im finding most annoying. I really do enjoy the game and its nothing to stop me playing for a long time, i just feel perhaps some of the detail in the game has been overshadowed in ways of different team skins and weapon efficiency.

Re: My Major Gripes

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
    I am having a great time playing this game but some aspects of it are just so frustrating and these are the 2 major gripes i have with the game.

Firstly its the idea of being able to distinguish between your own team and the enemy, countless times i have been team killed purely for the fact that the teams both have the same skins, one being maybe slightly darker. The ONLY way i am able to tell if people are the enemy is when their red name shows up or my crosshair locks onto them.

Another issue concerning this is the amount of clutter on the screen in the way of friends names and such, sometimes the names get so scrambled with the enemies you really have no idea if the guy you are next to is friendly or not and i have been killed far too many times because i thought the person behind me was my teammate due to him having a blue name near his head with the red tag not showing up. Its getting frustrating.

Your right about this. I must say I'm guilty of killing a few team mates as they spawn behind me when I'm trying to blow up a crate and I think they're bad guys and shoot/knife them. You just don't have enought time to wait to see if a red dot appears above their head.

I found this with previous battlefields but usually after a while you get used to the differences of the two teams. So I guess we[ll just have to wait and see if it does become easier or is still a problem.

Comment

But i dont think the 2 teams actually have different skins unlike the MEC's and USA in BF2 where there is a substantial difference.

Comment

i think its pretty easy to tell between the US and the MEC in that the US wear green, woodland type camo even in the desert whereas the MEC match the terrain lol.

Ill agree that the difference between Russia and the US can get confusing. Plus the amount of times i have turned around and had an enemy between me and a teammate, seen the blue tag and not fired, only to get killed.

Comment

I sometimes have this problem from a standpoint of knifing a guy and somehow a teammate in my squad pops off in front of me and I don't find out until I slice both. Definitely troublesome but not as annoying as going back to some of the issues in BF2.

They do need to scale the damage done from a grenade launcher because it's range should be similar to a regular nade. Popping one in frnt of a crowd of opponents should send one of them flying rather than just staring at you requesting another try.

Comment

There are a few things i would change, but DICE tweaking stuff doesn't usually end well.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21 View Post
              i think its pretty easy to tell between the US and the MEC in that the US wear green, woodland type camo even in the desert whereas the MEC match the terrain lol.

Ill agree that the difference between Russia and the US can get confusing. Plus the amount of times i have turned around and had an enemy between me and a teammate, seen the blue tag and not fired, only to get killed.
              Best way to tell the difference between friendly and a foe when playing sniper. Is shoot the guy in the leg first. If you hear something like "Friendly fire! You idiot!!", then don't shoot him again.

If he doesn't answer, then kill the sob...

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21 View Post
              There are a few things i would change, but DICE tweaking stuff doesn't usually end well.
              It usually takes patch to repair the patch what was suppose to repair something... Just like in BF2142...

Comment

I have not noticed ANY difference in their camos??

Also another gripe thats not so major is the time it takes from running to being able to shoot again, i just find its inappropriate to run anymore as you only get killed waiting for your gun to actually "get ready" to fire.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
                  It usually takes patch to repair the patch what was suppose to repair something... Just like in BF2142...
                  Exactly mate, that the sort of thing i want them to avoid with BC lol.

And i haven't really noticed the delay between running and firing that Elim mentioned, ill have to have a proper look.

Comment

It seems to take about 2 or 3 seconds from when you have let go of running to be able to actually fire again.

Comment

Working...
                    X