Is it worth buying? And is there a MP demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth buying? And is there a MP demo

I got tired of the constant grenade and gunship spam and miserable hit detection in COD4.
    But I must admit that I still played it enough to unlock all the weapons, so I cant really have disliked it as much as it seems to me now

So the question is: How is COD5 compared to COD4 especially with regards to the "auto" kills, e.g. anything not caused by an aimed bullet?

And is there a MP demo available? The beta seems to have disappeared.

Re: Is it worth buying? And is there a MP demo

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
    I got tired of the constant grenade and gunship spam and miserable hit detection in COD4.
    But I must admit that I still played it enough to unlock all the weapons, so I cant really have disliked it as much as it seems to me now

So the question is: How is COD5 compared to COD4 especially with regards to the "auto" kills, e.g. anything not caused by an aimed bullet?

And is there a MP demo available? The beta seems to have disappeared.
    The MP Beta was the only "demo" available, and that has ended, unfortunately. It's possible that you might still be able to download/install it, and start up your own local 1-man server (no one will be able to join you) just to see how it runs on your PC, what the graphics look like, what the game "feels" like, etc.

Overall opinions vary on COD:WW vs COD4 in terms of many gameplay features. They have different "feels".

"Auto" kills - for the most part, they are reduced in COD:WW. Nades are less powerful, and the 3x perk has been reduced to 2x so there is less spam. Sticky grenades have been added, but you only get 1 at a time (and mostly used vs tanks). There is a Flak Jacket perk to help protect more from explosives, and Fireproof perk to help protect from fire. Artillery lasts longer than the Airstrike, but each bomb is less deadly. Dogs are easier to deal with (ie. kill) than the Chopper, but they are not as easy to hide from. "Bouncing Betty" mines in COD:WW are a bit harder to deal with than the Claymores in COD4. Grenade Launchers from COD4 have been replaced by Rifle Grenades in COD:WW, but because they are only seen on rifles, and not as many people use rifles, they are much less common. I think that the Bazooka in COD:WW is more effective than the RPG from COD4, but I haven't played around with it much yet.

COD:WW isn't perfect by any means, but I'm personally seeing much less spammy play than in COD4.

Comment

If im honest Vreki, if you enjoyed COD4 then you will enjoy COD5 more.

It has better server options, more balanced weapons and better maps, its a good fun game.

Comment

Deffo worth buying but you have to give it a chance, as mentioned above it does have a different 'feel'

I played the beta and i didnt like it, but i was talked into buying the full game and now i really like it.

I couldnt say which was better out of the two, cod4 or cod5 as i like and dislike them both for different reasons.

I dont like the tanks tho, it has some silly respawns and i find that half the time my teams mates names dont show above their head and i end up shooting at them lol.

Comment

COD5 is very similar to COD4, so if you liked that, you will probably like this. The system req's are a bit higher, so be warned. There is a lot less BS like nadespam and choppers than in COD4. Air strikes have been replaced with arty (which fires slowly over a wide area and doesn't have a lot of splash damage), helicopters are replaced with dogs (which are MUCH better), and people don't spam nades all the time (3x nade perk is now 2x, and there are better perks in that slot now). The maps are a bit bigger, and some have tanks, which are always fun.

Also, don't forget Co-op and zombie mode!

Comment

Thanks, its downloading on Steam now

Comment

Enjoy buddy

Comment

He will -- I think that CoD5 dealt with many of the things Vreki thought were annoying about CoD4.

I feel like I'm becoming an expert at knifing dogs ... not a real world equivalent for that. Who would have thought I'd ever type those words? lol

Comment

Knifing dogs is always more fun than cowering in fear from the chopper.

Comment

Working...
                  X