What should be done with squads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should be done with squads!

Simple idea, and its not as complex as BF2/142 so it could work on a console.

Each team has three squads.

Alpha,

Bravo,

Charlie.

These squads have been created automatically from the start of the round. They cannot be destroyed, even if one squad does not have any members in it. Each squad can hold four people.

You can choose to leave/join a squad on the fly (only when you are alive).

Squads formed with friends, are there ONLY for friends that have been invited. They are separate from Alpha, Bravo and Charlie.

OK, helicopters can be shot down easily. I can remedy that by simply not flying. But one HUGE flaw is the squad system, in that it FORCES you to co-operate with your assigned squad (who may be retards, of whom you should stay at least 50 ft away at all times). It would make the game better, just enough to keep me, and surely, many other people playing the game for years.

The teamwork kept in mind during the development of BF:BC is simply non existent(okay, maybe its just that the new squad system does not stop idiocy amongst squad mates)...

E.g:

Flying a helicopter, squad member spawns on me, I need to repair, he takes it and leaves me stranded.

Sniping far behind enemy lines, support squad mate spawns on me, runs in front of me, starts jumping up and down, and throws health packs at me. Before crouching next to me and firing at enemies he surely cannot hit at range.

I CAREFULLY use the destructible environment to my advantage, hiding in a spot the enemy surely will not expect to find me in, and clear (carefully) any obstacles between my current position and the gold crate..so that I have the perfect vantage point, with plenty of cover..

A squad mate spawns on me, blows the cover around me, and starts shooting at random objects....blowing my carefully planned ambush.

The above idea may inspire some people to go Rambo..but the added incentive of being able to spawn on a squad member, closer to the battle, will keep people drawn to squads..

Thoughts?

Re: What should be done with squads!

Originally posted by KC-10 View Post
    Sniping far behind enemy lines, support squad mate spawns on me, runs in front of me, starts jumping up and down, and throws health packs at me. Before crouching next to me and firing at enemies he surely cannot hit at range.

I CAREFULLY use the destructible environment to my advantage, hiding in a spot the enemy surely will not expect to find me in, and clear (carefully) any obstacles between my current position and the gold crate..so that I have the perfect vantage point, with plenty of cover..

A squad mate spawns on me, blows the cover around me, and starts shooting at random objects....blowing my carefully planned ambush.
    I've had this happen to me quite a few times when I've been sniping and is really annoying. Especially if you have a good sniping spot. I totally agree about having to change the sqaud system as it is majorly flawed as it is.

I really don't understand how a console can't use the same squad system that was used in BF2 (maybe someone can enlighten me on why its harder to make an online game for 2 consoles than it is for millions of different combinations of pc?). Surely a better solution than the one we have currently could be made. Although with Dice working on conquest mode and any bug fixes I imagine something like a change to the squad system would require a lot of time and effort and wouldn't be available for a while.

I think your right when you say that a change to the squad system could make this already good game last for a long time. But I wouldn't hold your breath for any changes anytime soon.

Comment

Well, a console CAN use the same squad system as BF2. Its just a little too complex to manipulate with a controller (just like Oblivion or STALKER would require a major overhaul to their fully fledged inventory systems, to make it more controller friendly).

Simplifying it, using a manner similar to what I have suggested above would make it significantly easier to use.

Comment

Well I'd rather have the BF2 system with the difficulties of a controller than the one we currently have but your simplified idea seems like a big improvement over the current one :thumbsup:

Comment

Hmm..if they tweaked it, so that you can only lock squads that only have two people in them (so that we don't have to deal with 9 squads with one person each that are locked) it just might work.

Comment

lol yeah I remember you used to get that a lot on BF2 although it didn't seem as prominent in 2142. Never really understood it to be honest.

Comment

I just wish you could choose to be in a squad or not.

Comment

Options to leave and join THAT IS ALL I WANT!

Comment

Working...
                X