looking for a new clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a new clan

title says it all. my old clan is falling apart (fingulfin left, as well as many others) and im looking for a new, more vitalized clan based in the US. any suggestions?

Re: looking for a new clan

Originally posted by hooahguy
    title says it all. my old clan is falling apart (fingulfin left, as well as many others) and im looking for a new, more vitalized clan based in the US. any suggestions?

Play around on servers that you like and squad up with the clan members there until you find one that you think might be a good fit for you. Then let them know you are looking and see if they are recruiting.

Just a word of advice, I would go looking for one yourself, not just throw yourself out on the meat market. You have a better chance of finding a solid clan that way, instead of another one that will be here one month and gone a few months later.

Comment

Some try to extort money from you. Tactical gamer for instance, in order to be there friend you must be a supporting member of tactical gamer. Supporting meaning coughing up 10-20 bucks a month. So keep a weathered eye out.

Comment

Checkout SnakesLair.com

We are a 21 and up clan but we make exceptions for younger mature players. Our server are on the West Coast and the clan is based in Hawaii. Donations are not required but accepted and the the server owner is always ready to cover all the costs of the server. Win or lose the main thing we strive for is having fun.

Comment

if i may ask, what happened to L13?

Comment

SL have some real good servers

Comment

Originally posted by yesiaMz View Post
              if i may ask, what happened to L13?
              many members just left, like fingulfin.

Comment

We imploded... Sorta. Our leadership has been kinda shakey from the start (4 leaders, only one of whom actually "led"), and due to our true leader having a ton of problems in RL, all our servers expired (including TS). We (me and a few of the core group) have known that we were on the decline for a few weeks now, as soon as our TS went down last thursday (I think it was) I knew that we wouldn't be coming back.

FYI Skates, =L13= has been around for 18 months, with roots (the clan we were all in before L13) stretching back to 20 months ago. Its been a wild ride, but 2142 no longer has the appeal that it did before. We are all burnt out, and sick of pretending to like it when we really don't care.

So, we all left "Lucky 13" as a structure. We (the core group) currently hang out together on my ZMod TS discussing our future. Where one of us goes, all of us go. When one of us plays, all of us play. We are in essense still a clan, but we have shed the =L13= tags and the leadership that they represent. ATM we are all equals, friends who are just waiting for that next big game to grab our attention. When that happens, we will reform. What as, I have no clue. But it will happen.

-Fingulfin

PS: No, I don't think I will be booting up normal 2142 ever again. I will probably continue with the Zombie Mod though, so don't think you are rid of me just yet

Comment

sorry to hear of the break up, but i guess it's inevitable at some point. as far as my advice, i'm sorta w/ Skates on this one. different clans have a different appeal. some are just out for fun, some for competition, others for teamwork, etc. like too short used to say, "get in where you fit in". there's no one answer, as one mans trash is another mans treasure. start w/ good pings & go from there. we're not actively recruiting, but feel free to stop by our server & talk to some regulars who are mainly west coast based. maybe just asking around will help point you in the direction that you're looking to go. best of luck to you.

=TRR= 72.51.44.11 (all conquest maps)

Comment

Originally posted by fatmooseknuckle View Post
                    one mans trash is another mans treasure.
                    lol, that was us :laugh: Good times...

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                      FYI Skates, =L13= has been around for 18 months, with roots (the clan we were all in before L13) stretching back to 20 months ago. Its been a wild ride, but 2142 no longer has the appeal that it did before. We are all burnt out, and sick of pretending to like it when we really don't care.
                      Fin, I wasn't saying that you guys were just a flash in the pan. I was merely pointing out that many of the ones that go trolling forums for new members don't last very long. Take a look at the "Clan Discussion" forum and see how many of those have survived and how many haven't. My statement that he would have a better chance of finding one that would be around, not another one that would disappear was not aimed at =L13=, but possibly at whatever clan tried to snatch him up.

Too bad to see you guys go away, you always brought good competition to our servers.

Comment

You could always just enjoy your new-found bachelorhood. Find yourself, seek your own importance, and determine what makes the independent you, powerful. Damn, the bull$h!t is getting deep. Anyways, you don't always have to jump right back in to another relationship, as it reeks of desperation and insecurity. But whatever floats your boat.

Comment

well established clan , great members , 4 servers.

www.deathdealersofwar.com tell em diddy sent you

Comment

so....are you looking for a pubbin or competition clan?

Comment

LOL @ sgt. bud.......wiLd$ide doesnt need anyone else, do they? Tex <3 Sgt.Bud

Comment

Working...
                              X