Squad connection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad connection issue

Is anyone else having issues on the PS3 version with not being able to join a squad when someone invites them or vice versa?

Whenever i try and connect i just get a message saying "failed". I can still join a game a friend is in but of coarse there is no guarantee you will end up in the same squad/team.

So has anyone else experienced this & has anyone found a cure.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Squad connection issue

I've had this problem in the last 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by sGkillfest View Post
      Is anyone else having issues on the PS3 version with not being able to join a squad when someone invites them or vice versa?

Whenever i try and connect i just get a message saying "failed". I can still join a game a friend is in but of coarse there is no guarantee you will end up in the same squad/team.

Thanks in advance.
      I've always gotten this, but usually this message comes up when the squad either: no longer exists, is full, or the server is full. Hows about Me, Stonecold (if he comes on tonight) Manzi and you have a game tonight (well, the day for Manzi :P) Say... 8pm GMT?

And don't start the game until everyone's in the squad... We might actually be able to all get working mics!

Comment

Probably no for me, everyone is in the room with the PS3 and they don't like it when I push them out of the room to play the ps3. So I probably won't be on till late today.

Comment

I'll join ya if thats cool.

I've been suffering the same connection problems as well. I tried to join Limehouse and Stonecold today and it kept saying connection refused all the time.

Comment

anyone else getting game lag in the last couple of days? Sometimes its a few seconds then it can go even longer, you cant hit the ps button or goto the main menu or anything sometimes the sound will loop. its quite frustrating.

Comment

Thanks in advance.
              This is how me and few of my buddies has gotten it to work.

First create a squad. Then invite guys to it, but don't join any server until you see from the 'custom game' menu that the guys is with you in the squad. In this "lobby" the mics works perfectly too. Once you are ready, the leader joins a server. That way you take your buddies with you, and there's 90% chance that you are in the same squad. And the mics should work, atleast for a while. Then someone looses their mic, and has to reboot his PS3 to get it to work again...

Speaking of witch...

I haven't been b!tching almost at all(atleast i think so, correct me if im wrong) about the problems in the squads/mics.

But in the past two days, i have realized how f***ed up they are. Here's few things what i have noticed

1) The mute button. This is really a must. Because last night me and my buddy had to change server 2 times in a row to avoid some 12 year old kid crying to his mic about "how he dies 5 times in a row without killing someone". That was in the first server. Second server we bumbed into some french guys. And it's really difficult to speak Finnish to your buddy when there's two french guys speaking over it.

And when we finally re-grouped to the third server, my buddy lost his mic in the beginning. So that was enough, and i decided to stop playing.

2) The communication problems. It's awesome that this game really engourages people to teamwork. But it's really hard for us to communicate when you loose your mic in the first minutes of the round. Only place where the mics work without problems is the lobby. But if i want to just talk with my buddies, i could have done it in the chat room provided by Sony(PS3).

3) The squads. Most of the time, you end up in the same squad with your buddies when you create one. But then there is times when it just doesn't work at all. For example, we did 4 man squad last night. After talking a while with them in the lobby, we joined a server. And we weren't even close in the same squad. Me and other guy were in the attacker team, in different squads. And the other two were in defenders. Ain't that just great...

I am personally done even connecting my mic to my PS3 when i play this game. Atleast until the patch arrives.

And sorry for the technical hijack of your thread sG, i just needed to get this out from my system before i eat that stress ball...

Comment

HeHe don't worry.. where mics are concerned i think the ps3 falls way behind the xbox.. from personal experience none of the problems (mic related) that you mentioned would be an issue on the xbox.. and i'm no MS fanboy it's just a fact.

Comment

Lol your right about the mic problem StoneCold. I had some guy on the other day and I could hear his mate playing the guitar in the background. But he was really bad and he wouldn't stop playing.

I was playing with Limehouse earlier and the mics were fine before the game but as soon as we joined the game Limehouse's mic went off. Lets hope they do something in the patch though with them working on conquest mode we'll probably have to wait till the second one.

Comment

HeHe don't worry.. where mics are concerned i think the ps3 falls way behind the xbox.. from personal experience none of the problems (mic related) that you mentioned would be an issue on the xbox.. and i'm no MS fanboy it's just a fact.
                    We were just talking about this xbox360 thing with buddies of mine...

Since they don't have problems with mics, the only reason for that could be because MS included mic with the console. And since Sony didn't, so people are using from Logitech to Insmat all sorts of mics, and that can make it more difficult to fix...

But MS doesn't have problem free gaming either... From what i have heard, they have been suffering from major lag. And PS3 haven't had that much of an problem with lag...

@BrokenMachine

So there's gonna be a different patch for the mics and other problems?

Since i did get the idea that DICE will include the fixes with the conquest pack...

Comment

DICE said that the mic issue is one thing they are working with sony to fix in a patch.

i said in my review that they need a mute button or volume control for ingame voice for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
                        DICE said that the mic issue is one thing they are working with sony to fix in a patch.

i said in my review that they need a mute button or volume control for ingame voice for the same reason.
                        Yeah, i read your review, and i read the message from DICE too...

But the question is that is the fix for mics gonna be included in the Conquest pack? Or is it gonna be released later in different patch...

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
                          Yeah, i read your review, and i read the message from DICE too...

But the question is that is the fix for mics gonna be included in the Conquest pack? Or is it gonna be released later in different patch...
                          my guess would be (and it would be the smart thing to do) would be to have it all in one big Patch/DLC where all the fixes as well as conquest is released at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Manzi View Post
                            my guess would be (and it would be the smart thing to do) would be to have it all in one big Patch/DLC where all the fixes as well as conquest is released at the same time.
                            That's what i was thinkin after they posted that message...

Hopefully that's the case, and it will be released soon, so we can all enjoy this awesome game...

:salute:

Comment

Working...
                            X