Adjusting 8800GT fan speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting 8800GT fan speeds

So how exactly do I do this? I've flashed my EVGA 8800GT with the newer BIOS that increases fan speeds quicker, but temps are still hitting around 86C under load. Nvidia CP's fan speed option is gone, I tried downloading nTune, but apparently it's been changed to NVIDIA monitor now.

So now I have RivaTuner and the only option I can change is performance 3d fan speed, and that sets the speed for all loads and temps. Is there a good way to set the fan to operate quicker when I need it, and lower when I don't?

Re: Adjusting 8800GT fan speeds

There is a way of doing it in riva tuner. Try using this guide.

Comment

No easier way? The standard 2D and low power 3D sliders are grayed out in my Rivatuner. Thanks anyways, I guess I try this when I've got some free time later.

Comment

I use Evga Precision on a non-EVGA card so it will work for anyone out there with a Nvidia card

FCleaner is a freeware all-in-one Windows cleaning and optimization tool. It removes unused files that are eating up your disk space and slowing your system down, tweaks your system and allows your Wi...

Comment

Also, if I manually set the fan speed, once it gets into the "danger zone" of 90-100C, the card BIOS still ramp up the fan speed to 100% right?

Edit: Is the new EVGA fanspeed BIOS update going to conflict with anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
            Also, if I manually set the fan speed, once it gets into the "danger zone" of 90-100C, the card BIOS still ramp up the fan speed to 100% right?
            I couldnt tell you to be honest. I set the fanspeed of a mates computer automatically to the lowest setting then i ran a stress test. It got to like 95 degrees and i just stopped it running cuz it wasnt mine and i was scared of frying it. I told him to just deal with the noise.

That method with rivatuner might take a bit of time but it does offer quite a bit more control that most other solutions.

Comment

I use RivaTuner to control mine, no problems that I've had

Comment

I used Ntune and now the Nvidia Monitor. You need to open the Nvidia control panel and click on PERFORMANCE and accept the aggreement. Once you do that, you will be able to select three new options in PERFORMANCE. Im not at my PC right now, but one will show clock speed and in the lower left of the options, fan speed will be listed.

The only thing is that I have not figured out how to set it to make the change stick. I havent been that concerned about it, so I havent really dug into it much.

Crunch
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
                  I used Ntune and now the Nvidia Monitor. You need to open the Nvidia control panel and click on PERFORMANCE and accept the aggreement. Once you do that, you will be able to select three new options in PERFORMANCE. Im not at my PC right now, but one will show clock speed and in the lower left of the options, fan speed will be listed.

The only thing is that I have not figured out how to set it to make the change stick. I havent been that concerned about it, so I havent really dug into it much.

Crunch
                  That's what I tried first lol, you have to load it as a profile for the changes to stick. Also, I gave up on it, I'll just let the BIOS take care of the fanspeed now.

Comment

Working...
                  X