No announcement yet.

PS3 Battlefield Bad Company Online FIX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PS3 Battlefield Bad Company Online FIX!

I don't want to get into a long debate regarding TCP\IP security, but suffice it to say, whilst it might be more convenient to simply add a machine to the DMZ, you're exposing it to 65,536 ports that can be used to communicate between your machine and the internet, each of which can be individually used as a vector to attack your machine; as opposed to limiting access to the handful of ports you'd need to open via port-forwarding (100 ports would be a pain in the bum to manually setup port forwarding on, but it's still a handful compared to the number of ports available). It's worth noting that I didn't have to set up any port forwarding and my connection is stable as, so it will come down to your brand and configuration of router as to whether you need to do anything at all.

For anyone interested, you can read more about TCP ports here.

For anyone not all that interested, its your choice, but its akin to putting your computer on a direct internet connection without Antivirus; and putting your machine behind a router with up-to-date AV installed. It's more convenient to do the former, but far safer to do the later.

Just my public service announcement for the day, don't want to see anyone get hacked when it could have been avoided

Comment

Re: PS3 Battlefield Bad Company Online FIX!

Except the pnly thing tat is on the DMZ is your PS3 and there is no way to hack through your PS3 at the moment. My firewall is still up on my computer just not the PS3...

Comment

Working...
      X