No announcement yet.

PS3 Battlefield Bad Company Online FIX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS3 Battlefield Bad Company Online FIX!

Ok so if anyone here is having problems with there connection ths may be a good fix for you

Things you need.

Your Modem/Router IP(NOT your ISP's IP)
    Your PS3's IP get this by going into Settings>Network Settings>Network Status it will have the IP there.

Once you find that get your Modem/Router IP type it in IE or Firefox and press enter.

Once that is done it may ask for a Username and password it usally by default is admin for both.

OK once your in to your routers setting find something called DMZ Enable it by ticking a box or any other way. it may will ask you to enter an IP for the DMZ server get your PS3's IP and type that IP in. once that is done press apply or what ever

What this has done is made it possible for your PS3 to bypass your modems firewall and get a straight connection.

Once this has been done go to your PS3 and do a connection test this should go a little faster than usual and

Once the Connection is complete you will notice that UPnP is availible unlike before and you will have NAT Type 2 if you didn't already.

Start up BFBC and see if it works.

THIS MAY NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE. EA should have made it so you didn't have to do this as they are still at fault.

This also might work for Xbox Users

[STICKY?]

Re: PS3 Battlefield Bad Company Online FIX!

I agree, good information and needs a sticky for a while.

Comment

I have been having loads of lag in the past few games...

But i blame either Yanks connecting to our EU servers. Or since it's technically peak time now. So the servers are having too much traffic...

Comment

hmm have added the dmz on mine.. will see how it goes

thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptik View Post
          Ok so if anyone here is having problems with there connection ths may be a good fix for you

Things you need.

Your Modem/Router IP(NOT your ISP's IP)
          Your PS3's IP get this by going into Settings>Network Settings>Network Status it will have the IP there.

Once you find that get your Modem/Router IP type it in IE or Firefox and press enter.

Once that is done it may ask for a Username and password it usally by default is admin for both.

OK once your in to your routers setting find something called DMZ Enable it by ticking a box or any other way. it may will ask you to enter an IP for the DMZ server get your PS3's IP and type that IP in. once that is done press apply or what ever

What this has done is made it possible for your PS3 to bypass your modems firewall and get a straight connection.

Once this has been done go to your PS3 and do a connection test this should go a little faster than usual and

Once the Connection is complete you will notice that UPnP is availible unlike before and you will have NAT Type 2 if you didn't already.

Start up BFBC and see if it works.

THIS MAY NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE. EA should have made it so you didn't have to do this as they are still at fault.

This also might work for Xbox Users

[STICKY?]
          Warning: DMZ can seriously harm your computer if used improperly, it essentially gives the computer (or in this case, the ps3) unlimited internet access, so be cautious.

Comment

Well if you only allow it on one ip like i have it's just the ps3... and i don't think there are many ps3 viruses floating about.....

Comment

Originally posted by sGkillfest
              Well if you only allow it on one ip like i have it's just the ps3... and i don't think there are many ps3 viruses floating about.....
              YET.

Still, if some idiot types in his mum's pc's IP into that after, 'some guy on Total said to'... and wonders why he gets keylogged...

Total Deniability

THAT should be our new name

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                YET.

Still, if some idiot types in his mum's pc's IP into that after, 'some guy on Total said to'... and wonders why he gets keylogged...

Total Deniability

THAT should be our new name
                Like I said you put your PS3 IP in

Comment

I DMZ'ed mine and it made no difference at all, in fact, it gave me "No games available" every time i tried to connect.

Might just be my bad luck tho.

Comment

I had no problems with my PS3 connecting to online but it does seem like some people have problems so I did sticky this.

Comment

Thanks Manzi

Comment

it has made mine slightly quicker logging on etc, but some of the matches are so laggy it's hard to tell if its any better yet lol

Comment

I personally didn't even try this.. Since everything else works fine, the problem can't be in my end...

Comment

It's worth noting that this tip is actually in the game-manual (well, in the Gold Edition manual I have at least), as is the safer alternative of setting up port forwarding on the router\firewall for the specific ports the game uses to talk to the game-servers at EA. I've listed the ports from my manual below for reference.

It's already been mentioned, but adding your PS3 to the DMZ isn't a safe course of action - it's only a matter of time before the first PS3 virus is released (else Sony wouldn't have pre-installed Trend Antivirus on it), and sitting it in the DMZ is exposing it about as much as is possible on a PS3 short of going out of your way to invite nasties in.

BTW, and at risk of getting flamed for defending EA on my first ever post on these boards (particularly since I'm extremely dissapointed in not being able to use my unlocks tonight due to the stats issue) beyond EA bothering to document the ports in an easy-to-find place like the manual (I'm used to searching websites for that sort of info), the use of specific ports in client-server apps (which the game is) is industry standard.

From my manual:
                            TCP Ports: 80, 13505, 18800, 18805
                            UDP Ports: 53, 10000, 11000-11030, 18805

Comment

Originally posted by ozdarchangel View Post
                              It's worth noting that this tip is actually in the game-manual (well, in the Gold Edition manual I have at least), as is the safer alternative of setting up port forwarding on the router\firewall for the specific ports the game uses to talk to the game-servers at EA. I've listed the ports from my manual below for reference.

It's already been mentioned, but adding your PS3 to the DMZ isn't a safe course of action - it's only a matter of time before the first PS3 virus is released (else Sony wouldn't have pre-installed Trend Antivirus on it), and sitting it in the DMZ is exposing it about as much as is possible on a PS3 short of going out of your way to invite nasties in.

BTW, and at risk of getting flamed for defending EA on my first ever post on these boards (particularly since I'm extremely dissapointed in not being able to use my unlocks tonight due to the stats issue) beyond EA bothering to document the ports in an easy-to-find place like the manual (I'm used to searching websites for that sort of info), the use of specific ports in client-server apps (which the game is) is industry standard.

From my manual:
                              TCP Ports: 80, 13505, 18800, 18805
                              UDP Ports: 53, 10000, 11000-11030, 18805
                              Also note that Many games use different Ports using a DMZ is the easiest way
                              If you dont use the DMZ you have to enter each individual port for all games that you own which could be a massive list.

Also it would not be any safer cause if you really think about it if those ports are open and EA/Sony gets hacked they will get in anyway.. :S

OMG 666 Posts xD

Comment

Working...
                              X