DICE really dropped the ball on the intro movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DICE really dropped the ball on the intro movie

dude the real titan assault ends on the hangar. you're either crushed by the transport resulting in -10 for the pilot or the whole transport blows up by enemy pod.

Comment

Yes you're right

Comment

I got rid of the intro movie after the first time I watched it. You guys mean that you actually let the intro movie load up?

Comment

or you get to the titan core and a recon packs 5 rdx charges on the core, doesnt even shout jihad or anything but just insta blows himself up

usually taking everyone in the room with him

or you plant the charges yourself but cant detonate them because everytime you ask people to get clear they swarm around the rdx thinking its chocolate or something

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
            I got rid of the intro movie after the first time I watched it. You guys mean that you actually let the intro movie load up?
            My friend watches it each time because he swears the game runs better afterwards.

I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by DDoubleVVision View Post
              My friend watches it each time because he swears the game runs better afterwards.

I'm serious.
              Is he the type of guy who reformats every six weeks with the claim that it makes Windows run better?

Comment

Ever played battlefield? BF2 intro had the whole server fighting for cisterns, which never happens. BF1942 was just full of things not possible ingame, IE 60 people parachuting at the same time in the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster View Post
                  BF1942 was just full of things not possible ingame, IE 60 people parachuting at the same time in the water.
                  Ya but it looked cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shurikane View Post
                    Is he the type of guy who reformats every six weeks with the claim that it makes Windows run better?
                    Funny, it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
                      Funny, it works for me.
                      Or rather, it doesn't not work.

3 years on Win2K without a format and still going smooth as a baby's ***. :yay:

Comment

look at the BF2 intro, have you ever seen a squad of guys actually walking into a base from the front? or RPG taking out a tank in one shot?
                        you see kills from 1000meters away with almost any gun, therefore you never see people comming and you're dead, you also don't see air combat with chain guns alot, you only hear jets comming and you're blown 200meters into the air and dead.

Comment

Originally posted by =<ZzZ>= Nightmare_90
                          I can just see it now...they release what a "typical" titan attack is...air transport lands on the titan, two guys get out because the rest of the squad is lonewolfing it at silos and not listening to the squad leader. Squad leader runs around the corner and BOOM apm mine, he tries to tell the other guy to take his kit and revive him but sometimes thats too much to handle for some players. He waits for his squad leader and they enter the first console to find 3 guys in there...one is rdx spamming the entrance and the other two are nade spamming with sentries set up. After 8 tries they move to the other console to find 4 guys doing the same thing. The two guys wait for reinforcements and charge all at once and get slaughtered...after a few more tries they break through by nading their way in and manage to eventually get to the core...they barricade themselves in...they blow it up but get blasted running out since the enemy was waiting for em...one guy manages to get off...the whole sloppy assault takes about 20 minutes and sucks compared to the original. So there you have it a typical titan attack movie :shakehead:
                          Yeah, you forgot to mention that the campers get tonnes of titan defence badges for their camping, whilst the brave attackers get a little bonus.

I can remember thinking a few days after 2142 came out "Don't attackers need a little more incentive to attack a titan?", because it was hellishly difficult to attack and the only way you actually get bonuses is riding the whole thing out or blowing up 4 consoles.. like that's going to happen. Shame they didn't release a proper titan assault badge

Comment

Working...
                          X