No announcement yet.

Cod Just doesnt do it for me anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cod Just doesnt do it for me anymore...

I played some COD 4 today and I wasnt really impressed. The only reason I did was because my friend insisted over x fire that we should play a couple of rounds. Now while playing cod 4 I realized that I would have rather been playing 2142. COD 4 just isnt as fun as battlefield. I guess it can come as a matter of opinion but I felt like i was playing a terrifying game of mass chaos with nades, tubes, airstrikes, and helos going every which way. I wasnt having ANY fun. Sure 2142 can be chaotic at times, but it is always organized chaos. I know what objective im going for and i fight to accomplish it. The only thing I did in COD today was run around aimlessly shooting down people before they shot me. It just got old.

Dont get me wrong COD 4 is one of the best, but I like the idea of fighting in a war, rather than in a gang shoot out. But thats just me. I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

Re: Cod Just doesnt do it for me anymore...

yeah i played it for 3 months i was hooked basically just addicted to shooting people and being on top. it was fresh and different i played 2142 for 6 months straight before that i just got kind of burned out but 2142 is the deeper game

Comment

2142 FTW! Now go in the COD4 section and ask the same thing and see what kind of responses you get.

Comment

Originally posted by messfeeder
        2142 FTW! Now go in the COD4 section and ask the same thing and see what kind of responses you get.
        No, please don't.

Comment

CoD4 has one of the most incredibly well done Campaigns I've ever seen, the MP is great to an extent, but I just love BF alot more.

Couple'o'things :

1 : Can you get peoples Dogtags in CoD? : No...

2 : Can you step on people with walkers? : No.

3 : Can you run away like a little ***** when you see the Minimap light up with dozens upon dozens of dots? : Obviously not.

TBH, 2142 has alot more depth...There's alot more you can do, and not to mention that there's always the option of Vehicles or I/O...rather than just an insane amount of IO and the occasional Helicopter.

Comment

the problem with cod4 is that its so intense that you burn out after 3 months-ish.

battlefield on the other hand is a lot calmer by comparison so you can go a lot longer. Plus the abundance for it make it last longer, well ok not so much 2142 but they are increasing in number for 2142 slowly.

cod4 is just all furious over kill ramboness, you can use strategy but its harder. one thing though the weapons shoot where you aim which is nice.

Comment

COD4 didn't crash on me even one time for three months I played it and the game play is very fluid, yet it lacks depth, team play and dog tags...

Comment

i would agree that Depth is the main aspect COD4 lacks

among a great many other things

Comment

PAM 4 FTW. normal cod is **** with all the helis and noobtubes etc. But having a clan match in COD is brilliant.

Comment

it is interesting at times, specially with less people and hardcore mod.
                    but most servers = small map whit sh1ttones of people all nade\tube spamming with martyrdom on , whats the point of a grenade indicator if there are nades EVERYWHERE at ALL TIMES, but there are a few things DICE should learn from CoD4, like lots of gun models and the way they built the game so you can be playing 30 sec after you clicked on the game icon unlike the heavy,laggy BF (latest on my comp)

Comment

I love both 2142 and CoD4

2142 obviously have a lot more depth, after 1 ½ year there's still new stuff I haven't done yet and it's one of those games you don't bother playing several hours just to get that badge. There is so much diversity in the fights that you don't mind playing the game over and over either. It's very balanced too.

CoD4 on the other hand is a completely different game, TDM is absolutely horrible because you can't set your foot outside without being aimbotted by choppers. On the other hand, a good softcore S&D server is pure adrenalin. Tactical thinking, defending the bomb and stuff like that is just awesome.

Oh and hi Pirelli

Comment

I got bored of CoD4 a long time ago. I even tried mods and custom maps for a while, but it just didn't cut it.

The spawn system is crap, I don't like TDM or DM and I'm not crazy about any of the other game mods either.

I do like that the guns are accurate, but the mechanics of the game (jumping, prone, crouch, etc) bug me too but I guess I'm just used to Battlefield in that regard.

If CoD4 had a more compelling stat system I might still be playing it despite all of its shortfalls, but it was way too easy to get all the guns and level 55. I'm well aware that many of you hate stats and awards, but I like working towards something (no matter now worthless that something may be in reality) so leave me alone :P

Comment

A whole C0D section, And still posting overhere. Smartasses these day's

Comment

only played it for a month and got bored. The teamwork and longevity is not the same as 2142.

Comment

I just emailed infinity ward and told them that if they put a tennis racquet as a weapon in COD 4 that I might be more interested in playing again. ( Its the only way to counter the hundreds of nades in that game, a gun just doesnt cut it). I also showed them this new weapon that they should also consider to help us counter the tube spammers. Until I get a reply im all bf2142.

Comment

Working...
                              X