• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project Reality US Army Update Part 1

Originally posted by Rhino
    the XM8 was canceled ages ago?
    I guess it's in how one counts "ages"... :shock:

If a year is equivalent to an "age", then they cancelled it 3 ages ago (2005). :thumbsup:

Comment

IMO here's something which had an impact on the Army's plans:

Repairs have skyrocketed in recent years. The Army repaired 6,000 rifles and handguns per year before the Iraq war. This year, that number jumped to 200,000, said James Dwyer, with the Army Materiel Command.
      from a USA Today news story: http://www.usatoday.com/news/militar...rs_N.htm?csp=1

Consolidating and standardizing reduces operating costs. The Army is struggling with finding a balance to their needs to modernize their forces and expand their presence simultaneously. They can't do both because of the costs, so they've made cuts to non-essential programs in an attempt to modernize and field more troops.

/off topic

The PR update is very, very sweet. Good work, guys! :thumbsup:

Comment

--WOW-- All of this talk about what is the standard issue weapon for the US army.. We are talking about a MOD for BF2.. If you want to know what the standard issue weapon for the US Army is.. And be able to say you are right, come join me. You got recruiters near you, everywhere you look until than.. Google is not gonna tell you what the standard issue weapon is, because as of now their is not one.. Some units get M16's and Some get M4's it is all based on what unit you are in, and what your role is.

To be quite honest.. Coming from some one who has been there. I Much Rather Use an M-4 than an M16 anyways.. M-16 way more accurate. M-4 Much better for Close Quarters Combat.

Take it how you will.. But I been in the army 7 years.. and been issued both weapons.. It all depends on your rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by clementsjd1
          --WOW-- All of this talk about what is the standard issue weapon for the US army.. We are talking about a MOD for BF2.. If you want to know what the standard issue weapon for the US Army is.. And be able to say you are right, come join me. You got recruiters near you, everywhere you look until than.. Google is not gonna tell you what the standard issue weapon is, because as of now their is not one.. Some units get M16's and Some get M4's it is all based on what unit you are in, and what your role is.

To be quite honest.. Coming from some one who has been there. I Much Rather Use an M-4 than an M16 anyways.. M-16 way more accurate. M-4 Much better for Close Quarters Combat.

Take it how you will.. But I been in the army 7 years.. and been issued both weapons.. It all depends on your rotation.

PR is set in near future, and as i linked for the official US army website, the m4 is replacing the m16 as u probably know. also the DEV's to have access to serving military personal as there advisor's aswell. also as the mod is based on realism stuff like gameplay effects has compromises but main weapons for armys has to be right

Comment

We're talking about Project Reality...

IMO real world information is valid here more so than most other forums on TGN.

Comment

Originally posted by gazzthompson View Post
              PR is set in near future, and as i linked for the official US army website, the m4 is replacing the m16 as u probably know. also the DEV's to have access to serving military personal as there advisor's aswell. also as the mod is based on realism stuff like gameplay effects has compromises but main weapons for armys has to be right
              And I don't disagree with you, infact you guys have done a great job with PR.. I love it..

I was just setting the record straight.. On the weapon.. keep up the great work.. Any hint for the community as to when 0.8 will release?

Comment

Originally posted by clementsjd1 View Post
                And I don't disagree with you, infact you guys have done a great job with PR.. I love it..

I was just setting the record straight.. On the weapon.. keep up the great work.. Any hint for the community as to when 8.0 will release?
                when its done

Comment

Heh, 8.0. 0.8.

Comment

lol, We probably won't see 8.0 until Battlefield 4.

Comment

My apologies, I meant 0.8 damn a bunch of funny little critics in here huh...

Comment

We're testing v0.8 now. This build might just satisfy a lot of appetites. Things are getting ironed out, things are getting added, things are looking good.

Comment

^^Sounds good

Comment

Working...
                          X