BFHQ crash bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFHQ crash bug

Whenever I go to BFHQ and check my badges or ribbons, the game crashes. This only happens on my main. When I go to my new soldier's BFHQ it doesn't crash. I just did a fresh reinstall of BF2142 and 1.5.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Re: BFHQ crash bug

Any ideas? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by gankjer697
      Any ideas? Anyone?
      Try delete cache files in "my document."

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
        Try delete cache files in "my document."

Tried that, and it still crashes.

Comment

Well, I gave up and deleted/uninstalled the whole damn thing and am starting over. This is quite ridiculous that a patch causes lock-ups at this point in a games development. I mean, is this patch alpha .5 or 1.5???

Comment

I am having the same problem when I go to look at my awards and click on one it crashes and says windows is looking for a solution.

Comment

Same here. I think its somehow connected with that points-not-updating problem :/

It was wworking few days with new patch for me and than suddenly bah ctd.
              Hope they fix it soon or write some sollution.

PS. Btw i had the same problem with "Audio options" few months ago, but than cleanin caches was the solution... now its not:/

Comment

I am having the exact same problem. This is a fresh install of BF2142 with 1.5 full patch installed. This is game has just way too many bugs... well its actually true for the entire BF series.

Comment

Originally posted by enkur
                  I am having the exact same problem. This is a fresh install of BF2142 with 1.5 full patch installed. This is game has just way too many bugs... well its actually true for the entire BF series.
                  The way I fixed my BFHQ bug was to uninstall the game, then go through and manually uninstall every file related to BF2142, as many are left after the uninstall process. I found that the hard way after uninstalling the entire game then reinstalling it, with all patches, only to find it still didn't solve the problem. EA should really be ashamed that their software is this poorly implemented that an end user has to worry about manually uinstalling files, the order of patching, deleting cache files, etc, etc, etc.

Comment

I remember trying bf2142 without any patches and the awards worked fine so it might be the new patch.

Comment

I get the same problem. I've tried many things but none work.

I really want to see how many more kills I need for the 8000 kill aircraft medal!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
                        I get the same problem. I've tried many things but none work.

I really want to see how many more kills I need for the 8000 kill aircraft medal!
                        7037 http://www.2142-stats.com/Bradt3hleader+awards.html

Comment

i wonder what you people have in common that's causing this. i don't have any issue with the BFHQ. are you guys playing deluxe version or EA link or anything different?

Comment

No, I just re-installed BF2142 after not playing since the month it came out. (I was in Korea for a year) It's a fairly clean installation of Windows, I reformatted about a month ago, and I installed BF2142 retail DVD version followed by full patch 1.50. I don't have any mods or NS.
                            If I click any badges or awards other than pins in my BFHQ, I'm looking at the desktop with no error message or anything.
                            If this is the last patch, and it sucks this much, I'm really glad I haven't played in the last 1 1/2 years...

Comment

Having the same problem. Did a complete uninstall and cleared cache. Did not work.
                              I wanna punch a rabbit now.

Comment

Working...
                              X