Stutter Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stutter Issue

I have 4 gig but XP (32 bit) will only reconize 3,66 or something.

When I join a game in the first couple of seconds all soldiers move but the legs are not, they just stand there while moving... if you know what I mean :laugh:

Comment

do u mean they moonwalk forward everywhere?

Comment

yes and after that a couple of hick-ups. It takes only a couple of seconds so nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
          Spend a night to switch the good old XP back, no troubles encountered ever after.
          bah - I can't go back to XP. The interface looks crap - but then it is ancient. Vista was a big disappointment. Half the revolutionary new features were taken out. It's very much improved under the hood they say but that means absolutely nothing to users.

Readyboost supposedly speeds up your system for little cost. However my 2gb Sony mem stick seems to make no noticeable difference to system performance. Turning it off however makes 2142 stutters go away.

I think I have found the problem on my system. Try it see if it does anything for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
            bah - I can't go back to XP. The interface looks crap - but then it is ancient.
            Speaking of ancient, this is my preferred interface:

#alias bf2142='bf2142 +menu 1 +fullscreen 1'
            #bf2142 &

Nothing beats the good old UNIX command prompt. All gaudy interface features are just waste of computing power. :shakehead:

Maybe it's the issue with nVidia driver. You are using 7900GS and we are using 8800 GS in SLI or 9800GX2. It seems to me that the Vista's boost function just keeps ballooning until it crashes the game. Thanks for the tip, will try that when I have >4GB RAM.

Comment

Working...
            X