1.50 Patch - Bugs, glitches...etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.50 Patch - Bugs, glitches...etc

I pray to the gaming gods that they never fix the stats system.

Comment

I can understand why so many games have statistics now. It does give a goal beyond the obvious win the round. You can unlock guns/abilities at higher levels and you can extend your e-penis with stats in your forum signatures.

But stats bring so much hassle with them. Whether it's statpadders or stats not being updates, or whatever.

Its the same with patches. They've added two community maps which is great, but they've neglected to fix particular issues which are really impactful in a persons game, and thats why people moan about EA/DICE being the devil.

I've played around 2 hours of 2142 in the past 4 months, and i loved the game when it first came out. All these flashes and interesting weapons to use, pods flying everywhere, Battlewalkers crunching out 100's of clips of ammo. But, now the Pods have stopped flying, the Battlewalkers guns are silent. The game's lost it's edge, it's zah zah zing. No amount of community maps will change that, because the problems are in the actual game files, not the maps.

Battlefield 2 does have bugs, but they're at a patched stage where there are no major bugs that hinder the gameplay to the point it's unplayable like 2142.

I don't know what goes on in that building in Stockholm. I'm not a DICE employee so i can't speak for them, but i'd really like to know whats so difficult that they can't release games, and support them properly, instead of rubbing salt in the wounds. Heroes, Bad Company and BF3 are all stumbling blocks for any future development of 2142 and BF2, and like AAK said, there won't be anymore patches. It's not logical to support a game that has a diminished fanbase, but it's because of the lack of support that the fanbase is getting smaller and smaller. You can say what you want about World of Warcraft, but after four years and they still support the game, Blizzard are a credit to the gaming industry.

I'm a hypocrite, because I still love the Battlefield series, and i'll probably always buy their games, I just wish they didn't make it so ****ing hard to love their games.

Comment

Alright, so the release of 1.5 has finally tempted me back to playing 2142 and i've got to know: has the EU transport bug been fixed yet?

Comment

We already addressed this, and no it has not been fixed.

Comment

I've noticed something since the time of playing BF1942. I've never run into a single installation issue or bug in the entire Battlefield series, barring the beta testing of all of them.

Comment

You don't play enough.

Comment

You're a poopy head.

Comment

Not during installation at least, but there's huge load of things just as bad. *coughradial.cdbcough*, but at least it's fixed now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625 View Post
                    I've noticed something since the time of playing BF1942. I've never run into a single installation issue or bug in the entire Battlefield series, barring the beta testing of all of them.

i also have experienced VERY few errors, but have seen a ton of glitching, and glitches, and bugs as well. i found if your hardware, and PC is tight, you will have great luck, but if your stuff is ill maintained, your gaming life will suck. long live Battlefield.....

Comment

"MEMORY ERROR! 1231982 just doesn't seem sane."
                      ^^My favorite error.

Comment

BF games have a bad reputation of being more buggy than they really are.

I have had very few problems, except one thing where VoiP won't work in BF2

Comment

Lol. Yeah. But you cant blame ea. I mean making a game like battlefield cant be without mistakes. If you can : You would make the best running game ever.

Comment

some games try to be that ambitious. Blizzard and their starcraft being the prime example. Its quite a pity that EA don't allow DICE to give their BF games the tender loving care that they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                            X