Clear All

Re: 50+ Points per round?

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood
    you have to be joking right
    hes 100% correct with his comment. brilliant game for teamplay i think

Comment

Originally posted by wardogHk View Post
      You got it. And as for the vehicules it will come with time. Every time I do something wrong on foot, air or ground I never do the same mistake. Now i get +50kills and less than 5 death in a round with the tanks. Welcome to 2142...
      Tank whoring for the win!! But beware of those pesky walkers as they alot more dangerous then tanks.

When you use a rifle fire in controlled bursts and always use your iron sights, unless you're like 2ft away from him or something. When you use the knife, and the target is standing, aim for the upper body, when he's prone you need to knife his legs.

In aircraft you'll want to practise flying in a LAN before you challange anybody, also active defense using is the only way to win in Tank/walker vs Tank/Walker fights, same with aircraft. Active defense timing is always very important.

Don't go around that corner or down that street with less then 15-10 bullets in your magazine, 8 if you're wielding a Baur.

When you're attacking a titan beware of where you land with the assault pod, because somebody might be waiting. Don't assault the Titan with an airtransport unless you're a really good pilot because those AA guns are very nasty.

Comment

you say that youve had the game since release so id say 'know the maps caus thats really important' but i figure that you probly got a good feel for most of the infantry maps anyways.

there are lots of ways that you can get alot of kills without dying but its kind of complicated you understand its more of an intuition and experience coupled with practiced quickness kind of thing combined with knowing where to go on the maps depending on what the enemies are doing and how to act when going against certain weapons used by varying skill levled opponents.

i think the best way to get good other than practicing more of course is probably to observe. watch some of the frag vids in the media section namely most of the euros and then i have a few vids which are pretty much all infantry combat. idk i've learned that your skill will increase simply by playing from time to time but then observing other people you tend to pick up little tricks and techniques that you wouldnt normally have generated yourself.

also its sad but true that if you have a better computer with cable internet, a faster processor, good video card and more ram you are going to be a better player than someone with a dusty musty rusty rig running on DSL. everything adds. i noticed when i went from 1gb to 3gb ram it seemed a little easier to kill people and the game ran a bit smoother but my processor still sucks so..

also idk if this is the case but if your playing with really high ping try changing your ping compensation time in your user.con files it might help a little bit.

but yeah you can be a really good fast shot and all that but youll benefit a little more from simple sneeky skills attacking people unprepared and from odd spots. then also if your the only person around and there are enemies coming dont be all stupid and just try to kill somone before you eat dirt sometimes you might actually want to retreat to a safer spot this is something that only really smart people do so you wont see that a whole lot

Comment

Thanks, and I'm assuming TOTALBF2142 has a server perhaps? I do have to pick up a new mic, mine broke. I'm going to try this all out, appreciate all of it. I was just so stumped! AND YES I TRIED INSTAPRONING! I have realized what you said and tested it my self, thanks for all the hints.

EDIT* But i must ask, i seen the little knifing hint you gave me, but whats better? Jumping to prone while looking up to cut there chest? Im bewildered with this knifing because i barely kill anyone its frustrating. Please help me with some knife techniques?

Comment

When I'm knifing, I find that when I miss a target its usually because I'm aiming high. this is really easy to do being that you don't have a crosshair for reference. I only knife prone when my enemy is camping and I've snuck up behind him.

Comment

the best way to get points is to work with a full squad. Cap silos/flags and support your team with med/ammo packs. Repair vehicles/commander assets when they need it. Don't be stubborn and stick to one class all round. Be versatile the game rewards it.

Another thing to keep an eye on is the field upgrade meter when you are in a squad. Its the green bar at the top right of your screen. Whenever people get kills in the radius of the squad leaders order the meter will fill up. Everytime it fills up you get to choose an item to unlock. You can go 2 unlock levels above what you already have. You can use these unlocks for the entire time you stay on the server. This is an extremely nice feature because you can try out unlocks before commiting to them. If you have a good squad you can easily get 5 or more field upgrades in a round.

Comment

Thanks, but if anyone could show me how to knife properly, or would like to help me in game. Add zXOftenXDeadXz

Comment

If you want to get really high scores play on 48 man servers or 64 man. 64s can get pretty chaotic but it will pay off if you just want to harvest points. Play either Support or Assault, and stick with a squad. Give teammates health/ammo/revives whenever they need it and follow them around (it's okay to stalk good players so long as you don't get in the way too much).

Comment

yeah i tend to get kind of pissed off at teammates that cluster**** together and get in my way and PUUSSSH ME around and run into me from behind and a bunch of homoriffic crap like that. i cluster****ers tendto get killed more often.

Comment

if it's the actual 'combat' you are having trouble with, i recommend as someone else did that you watch vids of the pros. as assault you crouch, zoom and burst fire with a slight downwards correction. as support make full use of your radars and scanners etc. stick to inf. servers ~48man, ff ON. above all, be fairly cautious and only pick the fights where you have an obvious advantage. flanking is your friend

Comment

To answer your latest question, going prone just as your about to knife tends to work better, i either go prone or crouch all depends on the opponent im against.

Now say someone is running at you with a knife or your having a knife fight, the odd's are that person is going to go prone, so why not jump over them as they prone, then whilst they wait for the second delay it takes before it allows you to get back up (unless you know the quick way ) you can either shoot them or knife them yourself

Comment

My knifing is improving, but my sniping and ground combat needs work. I appreciate all your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                          X