50+ Points per round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50+ Points per round?

Alright, this sounds really dumb. I can understand that someone can be really good at a game, but there are so many things i do not understand about this game, and i have had it from release and stopped playing it out of pure rage,aggression, and fury. Its like learning to play the BF franchise all over! I barely kill anyone! Its so frustrating because in battlefield 2 i was on top of my game! 100+ a round (= to 50+ points in bf2142). In BF2 you could kill a damn thing standing up. Now im being owned about a half mile away by someone using a SCAR 11 Full auto STANDING! Not everyone has AIMbot and its aggravating the hell out of me. Its just so different and i still haven't got the hang of it. I need some helps, because in the hint section it doesn't mention to much about ground combat. AND KNIFE SERVERS! What a load of BULL! Its completely different from BF2, im sorry but im so lost. If you could really give me some detail on how to step up my game (Guns,game typed strategies, anything useful) on foot, that be great. I avoid vehicles because im killed in about -.09821^3 seconds upon coming across a vehicle.

I appreciate anything you can provide as help, except flame. I don't really like "Thats cuz you suck"

Re: 50+ Points per round?

Basically........the tactic that always works for me is, put yourself in a position to spot the enemy before he spots you. Find low traffic areas in high combat zones, spot your enemy and pick your shots. Heal often, reload often and don't run into a fight with guns blazing.

Always hide behind cover with your back against something, don't stop moving because the enemy will just think to look for you in the last place he seen you.

Don't always go for the quick head shot, sometimes it's better to know that you are going to actually hit him by aiming for the torso.

Fire in bursts. With the Voss, firing off a few groups of 3 shot bursts is a lot more accurate than just holding the trigger down.

Crouch while firing then keep running for cover.

Basically just keep moving. Think of where the enemy is most likely to look for you and be somewhere else!

:salute:

Comment

Well a lot of it depends on what kind of game you're playing. City maps? Vehicle conquest? Titan (and within Titan, do you stay on the ground capping/defending silos or do you go on Titan attack/defense)? There are many things to do in this game that to narrow them all down to one or two things would be almost impossible.

The biggest thing about BF is knowing the map. The better you know the map you're playing the better you can predict where your enemy will come from (or already is), the best angles to get at certain points, which guns work better on the map, and so forth. If you jump into a 24/7 Gibraltar server, for example, and you don't know the map, then you can pretty much be guaranteed to get your *** handed to you for quite a while since 24/7 players know the map like the back of their hand. Once you're more comfortable with the maps and the different attack points of it, you'll do a lot better. From there it's really just learning each individual gun which is really best done by simply practicing. The Baur handles differently than the Krylov, and both are different from the Lambert, which is entirely different from the Clark, and so forth. Practice, practice, practice. Especially if you're going up against BF2142 veterans who have a year and a half head start on you.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Standing actually works in 2142 unlike BF2, but crouch is where your at your most accurate, always use your iron sights, as it isn't accurate to shoot from the hip like in BF2.......Unless you use the voss :P

Just remember try crouching as you shoot and shoot 3-5 round bursts

Comment

Welcome to 2142. Greatest team/squad playing shooter in the world.

I'd work toward assault defibulator, always join squads, and stick to other players. They'll fib you, and you'll fib them. And then the game will start to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel View Post
            Standing actually works in 2142 unlike BF2, but crouch is where your at your most accurate, always use your iron sights, as it isn't accurate to shoot from the hip like in BF2.......Unless you use the voss :P

Just remember try crouching as you shoot and shoot 3-5 round bursts
            You got it. And as for the vehicules it will come with time. Every time I do something wrong on foot, air or ground I never do the same mistake. Now i get +50kills and less than 5 death in a round with the tanks. Welcome to 2142...

Comment

Thanks, although for the welcome was not required. I have had the game but just got bored recently. I prefer city maps, infantry only. Due to the fact it seems like the vehicle always finds me and only me. Another point i forgot to bring up is the semi-shot on SCAR 11 and other assault weapons. If any of you have prior experience in going Auto or Semi: I have seen that the SCAR 11 in Semi is a lot better then its auto.

Tackling another angle: The Voss L-AR, I do like the gun, do you think the burst is more effective or the Semi? The Baur H-AR seems very in accurate. Not sure, but my opinion.

Knowing the map: I see your point. I haven't taken the time to pay attention, with all the dying I do, I get so FRUSTRATED because i can't produce like in BF2. Its going to be a hard transition. Titan i stopped bothering with. I made a character to rank just to get the Lambert Carbine, and i make it no were past the door leading toward the first control panel with my RDX.

Another thing are those RDX whores. Honestly? Have BF2142 players actually resorted to this?

I appreciate all you have provided. If you can add more please do. All help is welcome.

Comment

Just use the assualt guns in auto, but shoot in small bursts. But the baur is good in single shot, but it has the highest recoil. Crouch and aim for the torso/head. Use crates and stuff to hide behind and make them have a smaller target to aim at. Try not to run into the open too much. Dont run and gun and dont spray.

p.s. watch videos from good players on youtube so you can see how it's done.

Comment

I don't know of very many people who ever use the Voss in semi. it is very accurate in short bursts. and the most helpful advice for myself was to never stand still. if you're playing on a good sized server, chances are you're in someone's scope 75% of the time. whenever you're shooting, stay crouched.

I almost never go on FFff servers because of the RDX whoring, but it can be fun if you have a good aim with the shotgun.

Comment

Since you're coming from BF2, hopefully you're not instaproning during gunfights, because that doesn't work here (well, unless you're using the Clark or Herzog). It handles accuracy like BF:V and BF1942 did with regards to proning. Use crouch, like Ezekiel said.

Regarding RDX whores, don't play on FF-off servers and you'll be fine. I never see them on FF-on servers.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Don't hesitate to take cover and reload. You really don't want to be reloading in a gun fight.
                      With assault rifles such as the Baur and Scar,distance is your key attribute, they pack a lot of punch even at long ranges. With the Voss and Krylov, you tend to want to get closer, but long ranges also work, but eat up ammo.

Comment

Thanks guys/gals. I needed somewhere to start other than the respawn screen. If you can find anything else for me im all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by SpLiTz View Post
                          Welcome to 2142. Greatest team/squad playing shooter in the world.

I'd work toward assault defibulator, always join squads, and stick to other players. They'll fib you, and you'll fib them. And then the game will start to make sense.
                          you have to be joking right

Comment

Originally posted by thebluefiend View Post
                            Thanks guys/gals. I needed somewhere to start other than the respawn screen. If you can find anything else for me im all ears.
                            If you have a favorite server, see if they operate a TeamSpeak or Ventrilo. Get in there and squad up with their guys. Tell them you need some pointers if they have any advice and that you'd just like to stick with them and learn. This won't help if the clan members aren't skilled, but just from playing in servers and watching the leaderboards you can get some idea of whether people know what they're doing or not.

Running with a good squad should also mean that you get revived more often. Being able to communicate effectively (as opposed to the barely adequate in-game VoIP) will also make a big difference IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood
                              you have to be joking right
                              He's most certainly not joking.

There might be other FPS games that you find better but few games beat the BF franchise when it comes to teamwork. You might find teamwork in other games like CoD4 or CS but overall those games have no extra teamwork based additions except for voip. While 2142 has squads, commanders, squad unlocks and other nifty features.

Oh and ontopic, if you want to get high scores, make sure you help out your team. Drop down ammo/health boxes at chokepoints and revive/resupply as much as you can. If you play as engineer, drop down a vehicle scanner to help your team and repair everything you can. As a recon, place APMs at chokepoints to make sure you stop the enemy from rushing forward - if you get resupplied you can get lots of points. Make good use of RDX as well (great for defending flags haha).

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X