Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Bf2142 gets a new patch and we dont?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Bf2142 gets a new patch and we dont?

Where is the new patch for BF2?

Re: How come Bf2142 gets a new patch and we dont?

We don't get a patch because we have already had 5-6 patches and alot of bugs have been fixed.

We also don't get a patch because BF2 is very nearly 3 years old.

I would want EA and DICE to work on a possable BF3 instead of trying to fix stuff in a 3 year old game, that now has very out dated graphics and physics.

Comment

Originally posted by **L96A1** View Post
      We don't get a patch because we have already had 5-6 patches and alot of bugs have been fixed.

I would want EA and DICE to work on a possable BF3 instead of trying to fix stuff in a 3 year old game, that now has very out dated graphics and physics.
      Not as outdated as you might think...

Comment

Why? There's nothing to fix. :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by **L96A1** View Post

There might be games with better graphics and physics, but BF2 is still the better gaming experience for a huge amount of players.

You remember "Tetris", damn those graphics are way outdated but it's still a hell of a game.

Comment

if its new content your looking for try a mod, theres some great ones out there. powning noobs in pub over and over again isn't all the game has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
              Where is the new patch for BF2?

Sitting in a folder, on some DICE employees desktop, while he plays Battlefield:Heroes, and tests Battlefield3.:thumbsup:

Awesome huh!?:shock:

His desktop files manager keeps telling him he has unused icons, but he just keeps clicking cancel.......

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso View Post
                There might be games with better graphics and physics, but BF2 is still the better gaming experience for a huge amount of players.

You remember "Tetris", damn those graphics are way outdated but it's still a hell of a game.
                So, your argument is: keep making old games better, and don't worry about focusing on newer, better technologies/games?

Sure Battlefield 2 has a great fanbase, but it's time for a new, quality addition to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by b'Kodak` View Post
                  So, your argument is: keep making old games better, and don't worry about focusing on newer, better technologies/games?

Sure Battlefield 2 has a great fanbase, but it's time for a new, quality addition to the series.

Nono, of course it's time for a new BF (BF3). BF2 is a huge success with still a lot of players. I don't think they will patch it again and imo they don't need to. EA'S focus is on BFH and BF3. That's OK.
                  What I meant is that even though BF2 is outdated in some aspects, it is still a big hit for EA and for the gamers. It is still up to date when it comes to gameplay itself, the whole infantry + all vehicles and squad, commander thing in just one game is still to be beaten.
                  Honestly, I don't care about some kinky explosion graphics as long as I have a cool game that is fun to play and that doesn't force me to by new hardware.
                  I figured that the graphics become less important once you focus on the game itself. But it's still nice to watch.
                  I read from a lot of gamers taht came back to BF2 after having tried crysis, cod4. Seems that after a while these games are not as good as BF2 even though they have better graphics and physics.
                  That's "just" eye candy and won't make a ****ty game better.
                  No offense to Crysis/cod4 lovers

Comment

I've discovered different eye candy this summer...

Go outside on a bright sunny day, hit the beach and look at hot women in bikinis.

BF2 and CoD are the least of my concerns!

Comment

Originally posted by finc.hairy View Post
                      I've discovered different eye candy this summer...

Go outside on a bright sunny day, hit the beach and look at hot women in bikinis.
                      Just don't turn up in your long trench coat and binoculars. That could get you in trouble.

Comment

NO PATCH FOR YOU!

I think its what everyone else has mentioned. I am actually surprised they are doing a 2142 patch at all. Though others have said it when 1.4 came out, but I am sure this will be it for 2142.

Crunch
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Because 2142 needs it. Several bugs. Wait, that sounds familiar..

Comment

I'd have to agree that BF2142 needed some love from the devs more so than BF2 does. Also, there were two boosters and and expansion for BF2. We only got one booster pack for 2142, so a little new content is warranted for a game only a year and a half old compared to a three year old game.

AIX has destroyed vanilla BF2 for me. It's waaaay more fun than the stock game IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                              AIX has destroyed vanilla BF2 for me. It's waaaay more fun than the stock game IMO.
                              Yeah, I don't know of any mods that aren't better than vanilla tbh. AIX is my favorite along with FH2 and Sandbox though.

Comment

Working...
                              X