Implement this ffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implement this ffs

Anyone else get ragged off that you can't abort loading a map? I join a server for a quicky on a favorite map to find it loads something totally different and I'm sick to death of Alt+F4ing all the bloody time.

They really need to make an option like other games where you can just press Esc to stop loading the map.

PS: I know posting it here probably wont get me anywhere but hey... A guys gotta whine somewhere lol

Re: Implement this ffs

my pc loads maps in 2 seconds i just leave then...

Comment

Maps load in 3 seconds as most so I don't see the point of implementing it.

Could be useful sometimes if Showdown comes up but otherwise I wouldn't use it

Comment

I'm a fast paced person and cba with waiting around when you can be in another server. And some people can't load the map that fast obviously...

Comment

can't you /disconnect while loading? Even so, that's something extremely minor - especially considering the fact that they have much bigger things to fix.

Comment

yeah i feel ur pain there.. i mostly play on wet work but this happens quite often.. however like already said the map loads in a few seconds and u just go back to the lobby and start again.. but it would be handy.

Comment

open console "`"

then type /disconnect

Comment

I hear what your saying, it can be a little frustrating, but that's getting a little picky. Patience sir, patience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sike
                  open console "`"

then type /disconnect
                  Yes

And hey, its not as bad as bf2. You were able to "abort", but it still finished loading first before it aborted, so there was no point.

Comment

What I find more annoying is when you joina modde server and you sit there 30 min downloading content and by the time you are done, the server is playing the next map, which you then have to D/L again.

Can you abort that any other way than killing the process?

Comment

^^I was going to say that. I dont have an issue because they load fast, but when it is a mod, sometimes you have to kill it the hard way. Or if there is a problem with the server and it never loads.

Otherwise, I have been OK without the feature.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Regular maps only take 15 sec or less to load, so I don't see it as an issue. Yes, it could be a nice feature, but not really needed IMO.

On modded servers, however, where downloads can take 2 minutes or more, then I'd say some sort of easy disconnection method, other than quitting out the hard way, would be helpful.

Comment

There's no point. It takes, what, 15 seconds to load a map?

Comment

*dismisses that last one...*

Luckily I've never joined a modded server and I never knew the console worked when a map was loading so thanks lol

Comment

remember guys, /disconnect

Comment

Working...
                              X