Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have good tips for gunship pilots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone have good tips for gunship pilots?

I don't know, you're pretty close to him, I think you could beat him. But this isn't the discussion and it is pointless to argue something that depends on so many factors it isn't even funny.

Comment

I never called you a "newbie", I know you're good.

Comment

When you folks are done with your pissing contest, be sure to put up a bullet list of gunship hints and PM me. I'm not really willing to watch and wait for the callouts to end...

Comment

seriously, some people have serious issues with their egos here. the problem is they don't know they sound like an arrogant jerk 90% of the time they open their mouths.

Comment

Now I am not saying I am a "Pro" pilot. But I can give some advice since I had quite a bit of air time.

My advice is to practice, lots of it. I crashed around 900 close to 1000 times doing manuvers. The embrassement came from multiplayer where I accidently ran into obstacles or UAVS (yeah....) while doing manuvers and many times I was kicked from the server for my newbie gunshipping. No I wasn't hogging the gunship or jumping in the line.

Another advice is to use your head like the way you do Mathematics. Why dogfight when you get kill your enemy before he can get on you? Why use shield when you can outrun the missiles? Why bail out instead of dying with the ship? Use your head and observe and make predications on the enemy's position or where you expect him to be.
            Be something out of the box! (I don't want you to ram either)

Gunship stunts and aerobatics in dogfight is 2 different things. Even if you can fly 3m above ground doesn't make you a good pilot. However, doing these expertise things make you more confident in your abilities therefore not a bad thing. As many stunts you do might save you such as flying low to avoid SAWW.

Don't do what every else does, Do what everyone else don't expect you to do. Element of surprise is always nice. Don't be defensive too much, be offensive and force your target into defensive position. Also try not to lose your target or miss your target.

That's it from me.
            See ya out there!

Comment

-umm... try to attack all your targets from behind so they don't see you coming
              -don't linger around the same area for too long. Hit things hard and fast and then F*** off because enemy ground units will undoubtely spot you and relay your position to enemy gunships

super basic tips for newbie pilots. But as for dogfighting tips, ask someone else

Comment

Working...
              X