Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have good tips for gunship pilots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone have good tips for gunship pilots?

Originally posted by CTFalcon
    I know you take a lot of pride in your abilities, but come on, are you really talking from a position of strength? Put your money where your mouth is, join the gunship ladder TBG put up.
    Shows how much you know - I joined several days ago. I don't think I can win though, I'm not much of a 1v1 person... I kill people by flying high and feeding them TV Missiles. As I said, I can only beat 90% of the pilots out there... When going against the 10% I have a hard time with I lose often :laugh:

PS: More advertising? Fudge Pies?

Comment

As Falcon said, prove it.

Anyways - If you want to learn the BEST way to start is to fly against someone better then you. I'd start by using the mouse and keyboard. Joystick's have very big limitations. I used to fly with one until I learned to fly with the mouse and keyboard. There is plenty to know but I'd start with gunning and/or piloting. Gunning will teach you how to use teamwork and skills to the best of your ability while piloting will teach you eventually how to solo and work with a gunner.

Master all three of these basic abilities and you will be hard to beat!

If you want to hop on the server in which Falcon mentioned add me on buddy chat.. it's Soulzz or soulz20030 whichever EA picks for the time being.. lol

:salute:

Comment

Well first off it's a 2v2 league, so don't worry about flying alone. I won't get into the skill (or lack thereof) of flying high so your enemy can't see you...

Comment

Originally posted by soulz2003
          As Falcon said, prove it.
          I shouldn't have to prove it to you - I've shot you down twice without flying high and the second time I managed to knife you by bailing out of my gunship after you bailed... You sat there watching my gunship crashing while I snuck up behind you and tagged ya. You've shot me down around 8 times to date, probably would be more but I don't normally fly when there are a bunch of gunshippers on my team (rather be capturing silos then waiting in an endless line)

Comment

Fin is automatically right because he has 1,337 posts. :laugh:

Well anyway, I know that all three of you are good pilots, but I seriously think Fingulfin is right.

BTW, aren't you guys just re-iterating what the former said and using it against them?

And, enough with the advertising for TBG. It's a good server, but doesn't need to be advertised for in every post.

Another thing, how does a 2v2 gunship battle take skill? It is just a spin-in-circles-whilst-your-gunner-aims-at-the-enemy-gunship-and-sprays-fest. 1v1 is where it's at!

Comment

Well, until you experience a 2v2 match with rules or even a really good dog fight in 2142 it's much different. I don't know why you would think 2v2 takes no skill... Honestly though, this is going nowhere.

Plain and simple;

If you want to get better fly and gun against good people as that will only get you better. Listen to all advice and constructive criticism. Be a good sport. Ask questions as much as possible to figure out what your doing wrong and how you can do it better. And finally, develop your flying style based on what you've learned

Comment

Well, you folks can choose to believe what you want to believe, apparently post count means more in determining who's good than actually being good in game.

Comment

Originally posted by CTFalcon View Post
                  Well, you folks can choose to believe what you want to believe, apparently post count means more in determining who's good than actually being good in game.
                  You obviously don't know much gamer-speek (1337 5933|<), or fail at sarcasm... The reason he said I was right was because my post count was 1337 or "Leet". Dang, you people fail at jokes

If you want to get better fly and gun against good people as that will only get you better. Listen to all advice and constructive criticism. Be a good sport. Ask questions as much as possible to figure out what your doing wrong and how you can do it better. And finally, develop your flying style based on what you've learned
                  Finally, somebody makes sense.

Comment

No I catch the attempt at a 1337 joke, I'm referring to your clan mate backing the obviously inferior pilot lol. Whatever man, people can believe whatever they choose, more kills for me...

Comment

Using a gunship better is exactly the same as using guns better. Play with the best, get owned over and over. Watch what they do even then practice using the stuff they do spins, tight tight turns, flipping upside down and flying, TV's all that good stuff. Eventually you're bound to get better, regardless of how bad you were in the first place.

Watch movies of people doing these things to, if you like to see how it looks like from someone elses view of how it is done/what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
                        You obviously don't know much gamer-speek (1337 5933|<), or fail at sarcasm... The reason he said I was right was because my post count was 1337 or "Leet". Dang, you people fail at jokes

Finally, somebody makes sense.
                        Finally somebody intelligent on these forums. Thanks for the good info Fingulfin.

Comment

Originally posted by CTFalcon View Post
                          No I catch the attempt at a 1337 joke, I'm referring to your clan mate backing the obviously inferior pilot lol. Whatever man, people can believe whatever they choose, more kills for me...
                          I'm backing him because he isn't the inferior pilot. I think Fin could beat you in a dogfight. But that isn't the point because every pilot has their own way of approaching an enemy. How often do dogfight happen anyway? Only when both pilots are aware of the enemy gunship, and most of the time only one pilot is aware of the enemy and so he solos them, finishing them quickly and efficiently.

Also Falcon, I see nothing wrong with not only backing the better pilot (imho), but also backing my friend and clan mate.

Comment

No problem with you backing your clan mate, but better pilot, I think even you know how false that is lol. Whatever man, argument over, back to more important things.

Comment

Fin is automatically right because he has 1,337 posts. :laugh:
                              Maybe Fin has 1337 posts (and 2.924 kills with the gunship), but CTFalcon has 34.314 Kills with the Gunship, so draw your own conclusions...

But, what do I know (with 123 gunship kills)

Comment

I actually have around 5k, Kaizer is my second soldier... But I don't whore the gunship exclusively, I play an even mixture of Titan and Conquest.

EDIT:
                                PS: Falcon is a better pilot then me, I won't deny it. I do deny that I am a "newbie" or "inexperienced" pilot though.

Comment

Working...
                                X