Crouch or Prone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crouch or Prone?

Coming from a BF2 community, and learning that when you engage an enemy its most effecting to grab some cover and go prone. (therefore reducing your damage consumed) i am wondering when why i try this tactic in 2142 i end up with the respawn screen in my face. (i.e i died)

So is it better to shoot crouched than it is Prone?

Re: Crouch or Prone?

No hitpoints are the same, the only differance is that you are harder to hit cause you are smaller, but when you recieve some bullets in the head you are dead meat!
    My accuracy does not increasse if I go prone or crouche exept with the support weapons. but that can be just my imagination...:hmm:

Comment

Crouched. In BF2142, when you crouch, you get an instant boost to your cone of fire. If you go prone, you will take a major hit to your accuracy (although in the long term, you can get a smaller cone of fire when proning). In general, you always, always crouch.

Comment

If you quickly need to gain accuracy, crouch at all times. Infact, prone is even more accurate but it takes a few seconds before you get good accuracy.

Personally I think it's much better than BF2 where the prone diving is ridiculous It's hard to get used to if you come from BF2 though.

Comment

Yeah! Crouching is better than going prone. I heard that diving is different from BF2. While in BF2 you will still have your accuracy, you won't in BF2142. So the best thing you can do is to find yourself some boxes that can cover you while crouching and then engage the enemy doing crouch spam. Works most of the time. I only prone dive when I am being shot at. Just for taking cover.
          However, I also think that it is much easier to headshot a prone soldier.

Comment

crouched, prone gives you and easy head target, and since i use the ganz a lot prone is just useless

Comment

Welcome to the battlefield of 2142. You have just learned a basic, but important thing when it comes to shooting at enemies. You would do well to break that noobish dolphin diving belly flopping habit of bf2 and start fighting the enemy properly. You would had noticed the way the crosshair reacts whenever you crouch or prone, so start crouching more.

But having said that, you can probably still get away with bunny hopping and prone spamming infront of the enemy when using the shotgun since it does not suffer from accuracy penalties, but don't rely on it.

Comment

Yea thanks, i was just playing earlier, and dolphin diving really doesn't work anymore, which is good. Cos in BF2 the only way to be a dolphin diver was with a noob tube, or to dolphin dive your self.
                Also when your prone, you move much slower, making a headshot from a sniper inevitable.
                Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by BandoIruka View Post
                  But having said that, you can probably still get away with bunny hopping and prone spamming infront of the enemy when using the shotgun since it does not suffer from accuracy penalties, but don't rely on it.
                  The clark and herzog are pretty much the only weapons where it's even worth prone diving, but you generally you do much better when strafing.

Comment

absolute best tactic is to 'bob' as you fire - takes away the easy headshot opportunity and also keeps your accuracy as high as it will go

ps- all this said, i still seem to get killed by people who prone when they see me. i hate that. h4x i say

Comment

I know how you feel Richard. Back in my bf2 days, nothing irritated me more than enemy instant proning support kit users, especially if it is at point blank. While I am happy enough to knife or jump and run circles around them, I usually feel that lmg users don't deserve kills at that range.

I think dolphin diving and insta proning is an embarassment in bf2. It makes the soldiers look like jumpy little pansies or action moviestars than men. One of the reason why i liked 2142 more is how it rewards teamwork more than individual players with good bullet dodging techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiblian View Post
                        Crouched. In BF2142, when you crouch, you get an instant boost to your cone of fire. If you go prone, you will take a major hit to your accuracy (although in the long term, you can get a smaller cone of fire when proning). In general, you always, always crouch.
                        i agree

Comment

what was that ridiculous gun i had in bf2... pkm or something. you just clicked on people across the map and they died in two hits

Comment

Or 1... :dead: PKM is and was annoying...

Still, the difference between Bf2 and 2142 when shooting tactics is different. It takes some time to adjust properly.

Comment

Originally posted by XxSTAM1NAxX View Post
                              Yeah! Crouching is better than going prone. I heard that diving is different from BF2. While in BF2 you will still have your accuracy, you won't in BF2142. So the best thing you can do is to find yourself some boxes that can cover you while crouching and then engage the enemy doing crouch spam. Works most of the time. I only prone dive when I am being shot at. Just for taking cover.
                              However, I also think that it is much easier to headshot a prone soldier.
                              Its worse actually, when you dive you get an instant BONUS to your accuracy

But yeah, like everyone says in 2142 crouching is the thing to do. If you are going to hold a position, I guess its OK to prone... I mostly only use it to dive for cover.

Comment

Working...
                              X