No announcement yet.

Wait... Something is missing here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wait... Something is missing here...

I set up mine that the game sounds comes from the TV(so does other peoples voices)... So it works as an mic right now...

I changed the settings a bit last night, i haven't tested it yet.. But if it works like i hope/think. Then the voice should come from the earpiece, and the game sounds from the TV...

Comment

Hmmmmm, by the sound of it, and I don't mean to say anything bad about the PS3, but setting up the mic for the Xbox 360 is basically just plug n' play. The only thing about it, is that every game (on the 360) as far as I know, uses a different system like in Halo 3, you have the 'push to talk' setup only, and in COD4, you just talk and your heard by everyone in the game or on your team, depending on the game type.

If the setup you tried doesn't work then check in the options of one of your games to see if there are settings where you can make the voice come from the earpiece, and the sounds from the TV, like you wanted. Because for the 360, again - there is just a settings menu where you can change all that by just clicking on the one you want, but I'm not aware of how the PS3 works in that respect...

Comment

^^

It would be the same if i would use USB/headset with cord...

With bluetooth(no wires ), you have to connect the mic and the PS3. What is basically push of an button. You can set up the output for the in-coming voices when you set it up. And i used the TV output at first. But then i changed it to the headset and it works like a charm...

Comment

lol, wish I had bluetooth...

Good for you that you got it working!

Comment

At least you've got it all working now, I'm gonna give my USB headset a go first I think. Why they didn't make a bluetooth headset with 2 earphones we'll never know

Comment

It worked from the start... But i messed up the output sound.. Meaning all the voice chat came out from my TV along with the game sounds...

After changing the settings, the voice chat comes out from the earpiece, and the game sounds from my TV...

And the bluetooth headphones with 2 earphones, wouldn't be good... Atleast i wouldn't buy them...

Because if they are "closed" earphones, then it would be hard to hear the game sounds. And you really don't want every sound coming out from the headphones...

Comment

Hey Stonecold, whats the name of that Bluetooth headset? It sounds exactly what i need.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21 View Post
                  Hey Stonecold, whats the name of that Bluetooth headset? It sounds exactly what i need.
                  It's called Insmat HS200. But i don't know if you can get them from outside Finland...

If you want bluetooth headset, and got the cash to spend on it. Here's Logitech's PS3 bluetooth headset

But if you don't have the cash...

There are other(cheaper) options too...

Sony's BT's seem to work pretty well with PS3... And then there is Jabra's, they seem to work too, and they shouldn't be that expensive...

*edit*

Here's one what should work without any problems

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

Comment

That second one seems ideal. I hear so many bad headsets on PSN that i didn't know what headsets worked well. Many thanks.

I'm sure that Logitech headset is amazing, but £60 is a little much. Sadly i don't earn enough to justify that :cry:

Comment

Anything made by Logitech is simply amazing. I never get anything that I hate and wanted to return for my money back. They also got so much stuff to choose from...

I'd go with the Logitech, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamesfan_21
                        That second one seems ideal. I hear so many bad headsets on PSN that i didn't know what headsets worked well. Many thanks.

I'm sure that Logitech headset is amazing, but £60 is a little much. Sadly i don't earn enough to justify that :cry:
                        That Logitech is bit too expensive for me too... But the good thing is that Logitech hardly makes products that doesn't work/breaks down fast. And if there is a problem, they are willing to change the product...

But if you wanna look at some other options, there is lot of Nokia's, Sony's(previosly had lot of problems, apperantly Sony fixed them with the firmware updates) and Jabras(comes with Warhawk game) what works great with PS3...

But the GioTeck should work without any problems too, since it's made for PS3...

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
                          It worked from the start... But i messed up the output sound.. Meaning all the voice chat came out from my TV along with the game sounds...

After changing the settings, the voice chat comes out from the earpiece, and the game sounds from my TV...

And the bluetooth headphones with 2 earphones, wouldn't be good... Atleast i wouldn't buy them...

Because if they are "closed" earphones, then it would be hard to hear the game sounds. And you really don't want every sound coming out from the headphones...
                          I didn't realise you could make it so only the voices come from the headset. I was just assuming that voices and sound came through the ear piece at the same time. Hence the reason why I was going on about having 2 earphones. But that sounds pretty good just having the voices on the headset. Might have to invest in one now

Comment

That would suck if all the sounds would come from the earpiece...

But thankfully you can set it, so the voice chat comes out from it...

But i've been really happy with the mic.. For the past few days i've been playing GTA 4 online with some peeps from Finland, and mic takes the thing to whole new levels of fun...

Comment

Yeah, except for one pattern I notice with the mic is that once you start talking and other people realize you're a friendly person, you start getting all sorts of friend requests...

Comment

There's nothing wrong with some Finnish peeps sendin me a requests... But when some japanese kid sends me a friend reqest, then things are getting out of hand...

I just usually deny all the requests what doesn't say anything...

Comment

Working...
                                X