patch 1.5 beta problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: patch 1.5 beta problems.

I may be just imagining this but key presses seem slightly less responsive than they should. I've been killed many times jumping from roofs because my chute didn't open first time. I have to spam space to get it open and also in a firefight if I just switched to a weapon there is a slight delay before I can fire! It might just be me!

Comment

Thats normal and intended... The "Locked" firing was designed to prevent prone spamming and bunny hopping, both of which plagued BF2.

Comment

Yeah - it just 'seems' worse than it was

Comment

Thats what I call "OMG NEW PATCH" Superstition. Everyone says the weirdest things when a new patch/beta patch comes out... IDS got a range boost! Medic hubs heal twice as fast! Shields don't work anymore! SAAW got nerfed! etc.

I have personally looked through the .tweak files for most of the mentioned "OMG CHANGES", and confirmed that they are the same as in 1.4.

Comment

Ha. I thought I might be imagining it - the chute thing though is annoying. If anyone else has noticed this then say. If not I will never speak of this matter again :blahblah:

As for IDS scanning range - it's just the map scale. Different maps scale to different degrees on the minimap. It's does give the impression that your scan is larger though. For me thats a good thing, one of the annoyances of Tampa was the scale of the zoomed map. Couldn't see **** - which is not good for an IDS whore like moi.

Comment

Of course I 'notice' it... I have only successfully opened my parachute twice on Operation Shingle, and I have jumped from some pretty high up places. However then I remember similar jumps (Care Bear landing) and remember that it is just as touchy there. Nothing has been tweaked in the parachute's code, its just the general physics of the parachute screwing you over

Comment

Working...
              X