patch 1.5 beta problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patch 1.5 beta problems.

I loaded the beta incrimental patch, and when i load BF2142 to join a server all i get is "Customized Map" message and it takes me to some webpage that doesnt exist for a BF2 map editor.

WTF is going on? :evil:

Re: patch 1.5 beta problems.

Install the patch again, it happened to me, but now I get a modified content error after loading. Running Vista x64. I want to try this so bad.

Comment

i can only find 2 servers, both are empty, one is on a booster pack map and the other doesnt have any of the new maps on it.

Comment

Everything seems fine except Shingle is very unbalanced, PAC wins 99% of the time. Wake island is a fair map, well balanced. I have noticed more crashing, but whatever it's not a big deal. The game is worth it to rejoin.
        I really like both of the new maps btw.

Comment

Originally posted by H4yd3n View Post
          Everything seems fine except Shingle is very unbalanced, PAC wins 99% of the time. Wake island is a fair map, well balanced. I have noticed more crashing, but whatever it's not a big deal. The game is worth it to rejoin.
          I really like both of the new maps btw.
          its really too early to tell if the map is unbalanced. i only played one round tonight and i was on EU. We did lose but not because of imbalance. We lost because everyone wanted to snipe and knife and just fight at the first flag. i took command and made it closer with some clanmates but it was a lost cause to begin with. From what i see you need to be quick on the start and get to flags quickly. If you wait around the PAC will be in good position and make it hard to cap flags.

Comment

Originally posted by BIFF EXPLODER View Post
            i can only find 2 servers, both are empty, one is on a booster pack map and the other doesnt have any of the new maps on it.
            I get that, more show up when you click the advanced tab.

Comment

A tip for anyone who got message "You already got newer version" during installation of patch, reinstall 1.40 then try again - worked for me.

I´m having trouble with the sound in the beta, i have no ambient sound at all - its a bit freaky not hearing the enemy walker coming at you.

Comment

post some pics of the maps!! will the assault lines be available on CAMP G?

Comment

I blame player performance for all the accusations that Shingle is an unbalanced map. I think Shingle has enough complexity to make an iron, Gibraltar-esque defense far more difficult to achieve. I can only see it happening if a clan decides to sprinkle themselves across the map rather than stick together.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanNao
                    I blame player performance for all the accusations that Shingle is an unbalanced map. I think Shingle has enough complexity to make an iron, Gibraltar-esque defense far more difficult to achieve. I can only see it happening if a clan decides to sprinkle themselves across the map rather than stick together.
                    You have to understand that the majority of players don't work as a team. They just run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

When the final patch comes out, try going to the TacticalGamer.com servers. There you'll see that all of the maps are balanced when you work as a team. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625
                      When the final patch comes out, try going to the TacticalGamer.com servers.
                      Or Monkey-Gamers [/advertising]

If anyone wants some pics, I got some on my Xfire: My screenshots

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. bzb View Post
                        I get that, more show up when you click the advanced tab.
                        i always join servers from the advanced tab, the problem is that its still only showing the two servers, aw well, i'll try the patch when it comes out.

Comment

this sad excuse for a patch still does not load.

It gets to the install part and goes about 1/3 of the way and then the box just dissappears.

WHAT THE HELL!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
                            this sad excuse for a patch still does not load.
                            Must be your configuration. Works flawlessly for me. Try uninstalling 2142. Then installing the game and patching to 1.4 and then installing 1.5 incremental.

Comment

Im trying that now.

this is a rather old XP install and the original 2142 install i did so it may be botched up.

Comment

Working...
                              X