• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official PATCH 1.5 Feedback Thread

I definitely couldn't?
    I had to wait for the people to come off them. :shock:

Comment

The no vehicle maps seem to be heavily favoured to EU unless there is a VOIP communicating clan/squad working methodically for PAC to break through. I always try and make sure to get EU when I go IO.

Comment

Here's my quick take on the new maps ...

- Operation Shingle: I like the concept of another "infantry-centric" map, however I feel that Shingle suffers from two thing.

First it has too many levels. If the buildings were limited to one or two stories there would be much less stairway fighting and I think it would have a more fluid gameplay.

Second There is no open space. In order for tight quarters to be effective there needs to be contrast i.e open space. Take camp Gib for example and it obviously has many cramped quarters. However it also has the semi-open space to the west of the PAC uncap as well as the semi-open space north of runis with the gunship wreck.

I would love to see some elements removed form the map such as the bridge, which seems awefully out of place. I think one of the PAC flag areas should be replaced with a more open area to give some contrast within the map.

Wake Island: This map looks cool at first, but please, oh please scrap that aweful song in the intro. Hopefully DICE will go with a standard 2142 score in the final release as that rock song sounds harsh and is quite unpleasant to listen to.

I like the snowy environment of the map a lot, yet it seems strange to have so much water with no boats. I realize that boats simply might be an imposibibility since this is a MOD and not an EXPANSION. The roadways are just so narrow.

I've noticed that some of the spawn points spawn players in easy sight of the enemy. And spawning as EU in their titan is just insta-death.

Comment

Z-axis fighting is great, but if all the action is concentrated into awkward areas like stairwells (is it?), then it could get old fast.

Comment

I think Anzio is one of the best maps yet. Haven't really played a lot of Wake. I never played BF2 or 1942 so don't have a nostalgic affection for Wake Island.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
              I think Anzio is one of the best maps yet. Haven't really played a lot of Wake. I never played BF2 or 1942 so don't have a nostalgic affection for Wake Island.
              The only reason we re-created Wake was because Sir. Alphawhiskey wanted to do a film on it. Nostalgia wasn't involved. Though, it seems to be with most others.

Comment

No offence to your team and the work you have put in. I know many other players lap it up and I am appreciative of your efforts. Only a personal thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625
                  The only reason we re-created Wake was because Sir. Alphawhiskey wanted to do a film on it. Nostalgia wasn't involved. Though, it seems to be with most others.
                  This revision of Wake Island I feel is less nostalgia and more a reinvention of the map. The change in the map really change the gameplay from the original while in BF2 the map was really a exact copy of the original the game plays very differently on the Sir. version of the map. Nevertheless, the game play is still great. Personally I feel that both maps suffer from next-gen colour syndrome; although really bf2142 has a horrible and boring colour scheme in general.

So thank you very much for the map Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac
                    No offence to your team and the work you have put in. I know many other players lap it up and I am appreciative of your efforts. Only a personal thing.
                    Oh no worries bro, nobody can offend us at this point. :laugh: Seriously, none taken. I was just pointing out why we actually did it. Very few people know the reason for its re-creation.

Originally posted by Spl1nter View Post
                    This revision of Wake Island I feel is less nostalgia and more a reinvention of the map. The change in the map really change the gameplay from the original while in BF2 the map was really a exact copy of the original the game plays very differently on the Sir. version of the map. Nevertheless, the game play is still great. Personally I feel that both maps suffer from next-gen colour syndrome; although really bf2142 has a horrible and boring colour scheme in general.

So thank you very much for the map Sir.
                    We despise the color scheme as well, Splinter. Thanks for the kind words.

Do join us for the test of the FINAL version, which we'll be distributing in our TeamSpeak tomorrow night (-5 GMT). This is your rare opportunity to directly affect the outcome of a ranked map. :salute:

Comment

I have enjoyed checking out the new Wake, will be a very popular map for sure. I like the attention that will be payed to the EU titan and the rewards for the guttsy player who sneaks on before it is taken.

I have hade nothing but problems with shinggle it just lags for me like crazy. I like the idea of it but will wait and see if it is sorted out.

Great job so far on wake guys. Looks like it will bring back some players and get some more action out of this already great game.

Comment

We submitted our final version to DICE at around 5 AM EST this morning. Thank you for your support.

We will be creating a comedic instructional film about Wake within this week and weekend. If you'd like to participate, sign up here.

Comment

Like the titan mode tutorial? cant wait for the result :P

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. AAK625 View Post
                            We submitted our final version to DICE at around 5 AM EST this morning. Thank you for your support.

We will be creating a comedic instructional film about Wake within this week and weekend. If you'd like to participate, sign up here.
                            Thanks for the update and the work you guys put in. Looking forward to seeing the maps on live servers.

Comment

Me too. We've worked hard for 5 years or so, now, to get to this point. They were a tough nut to crack, but they were desperate, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode View Post
                                Went back to Camp Gib yesterday, and got constant 50+ frame rate on 64p server at 800x600 with most on low or medium. Well, can't get that with 1.5. It is either more CPU intensive or DICE compiled it in debug mode. Anybody who run the game on low end computers feels the same? I hope my used Pentium D 830 and 8800GS will arrive soon.
                                Battlefield requires a really overpowered cpu for a smooth frame rate, it's _not_ only at the graphics. Regardless of what people may tell you, a 3GHz P4 is low end for playing battlefield really smooth.
                                This phenomenon could most easily be seen with earlier builds of Battlefield Vietnam, where the frame rate jumped like crazy, because the cpu load did.

If you want to be nice you could also say that battlefield scales well with faster cpu's.

Comment

Working...
                                X