• Show
Clear All

• Official PATCH 1.5 Feedback Thread

nope

Re: Its Here!!!

The Radial Bug Is Finally Fixed!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

Comment

The eu titan isn't supposed to have a shield.

I'm really liking this version of wake island so far. The multi tiering of the buildings adds a lot more variety and stratagem.

My only concern is that the EU titan AA guns are able to shoot at the island making it potentially impossible for infantry to advance (I even killed myself a buggy earlier). That and in big games, I can there being little dogfighting with the titan AA guns covering almost the entire island :P

Comment

Hehe no point in whoring AA titan guns now, doesn't count towards stats so why not do something fun instead.

But once it is official, I bet we will see lots of sentry guns on the EU titan deck. :shakehead:

Can't wait to play it, just need to finish my work and then I'll try it out.

Comment

At first glance some of the elements of the design don't seem to gel together. All the ingame maps have a colour vibe to them. CG and Tunis are Orange. Belgrade is grey and washed out. Wake 2142 seemed to be too harsh and conflicting on my display.

That said - Applause to the Sir team for a fresh and well thought out map. Didn't like being shot in the back in our Titan control room. Didn't realise the assaulting force can just walk round the back now!

Comment

Official PATCH 1.5 Feedback Thread

Didn't notice the widescreen controls in my options. Where should they show up? I did add the +widescreen 1 to my shortcut

Comment

Re: PATCH 1.5 Feedback Thread

It tells you on the EA forums what you have to do to enable it =)

First comes zi bugs! (copy pasted from ea beta forums)

Shields

On two seperate occasions already, when I raise sheilds on my vehicle, shells will still pass through them.

The first instance was when strafing a tiger tank, I rose shields as soon as I saw him looking at me but the shell passed straight through the shields.

Second time, I was in a tiger tank, facing against another tiger tank. Again I raise shields but his shell went straight through it.

SAAW

Yup, all the fixes that were made to the saaw seem to have been completely undone in 1.5.

After getting a lock, the missiles will sometimes tr ack the target while other times the missiles just fall to the ground.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency to it. Will happen if you wait a few after locking, sometimes it will be the second missile fired, sometimes none of the missiles will bother tracking.

So far, it seems to be 50/50 between working missile s and limp missiles.

---

Now the commentaries!

wake island

Really liking this map so far. Layout is nice and I do like all the multitiered buildings around the flags. Adds another dimension and ambush opportunities. I do have some concerns with the titan and the AA guns being able to shoot at the ground but hasn't been much of a problem so far.

I look forward to playing it 64 player when the whole island is active with enemy

Operation Shingle

I like the layout and the infantry centric design without being a horrible cluster**** ala gibraltar... However, for the number of players I played it with, it felt a little too spaced out and I have a feeling snipers are going to dominate. Will have to try it with full player count to really get a feel for it.

Misc.

Digging the pod change. Can actually get out of a transport now =P

---

All in all, I'm really liking the patch so far but I hope they fix the saaw and shield issues and hopefully, not take a couple months this time =P

Comment

guys couple questions:

1. Are there normal servers (like from 1.40) on the 1.5 patch

2. Are the new maps cool?

3. It stable?

4. How is widescreen thing going along. (does it support 1440 x 900)

5. Can you play with 1.40 server with this patch?

Comment

Originally posted by Lotek19
                  guys couple questions:

1. Are there normal servers (like from 1.40) on the 1.5 patch

2. Are the new maps cool?

3. It stable?

4. How is widescreen thing going along. (does it support 1440 x 900)

5. Can you play with 1.40 server with this patch?
                  1. A couple of servers already. But they are not ranked.
                  2. I am not feeling Wake 2142 yet, but Shingle is cool.
                  3. I got a few Master Server Disconnects, but that problem seems to be globally. Other than that, prepare for low FPS on Shingle.
                  4. Dunno, don't have widescreen.
                  5. No, not possible. You would need to have two installations, one patched to 1.5, one patched to 1.4. Play the version you like.

Comment

-- Added community maps, Wake Island 2142 and Operation Shingle. Please note that during the Beta, stats earned on these maps will not count towards your overall statistics, rank, and badges/ribbons/medals.
                    EA community forums for players to get player-to-player support, ask questions, share their game and troubleshooting experience.

Comment

On the EA forums, they say the beta isn't ranked =o

Comment

Really? Weird... Probably just on the new maps because they aren't "properly balanced" or something... Whats strange is the fact that I have still been earning awards as usual (Combat Efficiencies, DCEs, etc). Next to the server names it has the ranked icon... Meh.

Comment

I'd like to thank and congratulate all the members of the Sir Community that toiled on this map for their hard work and perseverance to bring this to fruition, I'm sure it was a long hard road to get to this point!

Please take no offense at what I am going to say, this is not a slam at all, merely some initial observations on Wake 2142.

And yes, I'm aware it's a beta, thanks.(That's for the inevitable "It's a beta!!" post from some that lack reading comprehension skills.)

Titan AA is able to cover (And chew up) far too many of the flags on its flanks,maybe raise or lower the Titan a bit?

Snow covered Pine trees...it's a hard sell,especially having just played a few rounds on Wake in BF2.I suppose with time I can adjust,but it's like seeing Christmas lights on Cacti in Phoenix,just looks off...

Buildings, the mix of Cerbere old style European and futuristic modular construction is a bit disconcerting as well and there is a bit of a jumbled together feeling at some points that mars the desired effect.

Again, fantastic job, I'm grateful for the time and effort that everyone contributed to bring this map to the community.Thank You!

Comment

I added +widescreen 1 and got the widescreen settings. I don't know if I would have gotten them without it since I didn't try.

Both maps are interesting, but for some reason, I'm already tired of them after about an hour. Perhaps it's just because you really need a full 64-player experience, since the maps are really large.

I do like the futuristic next to the old style houses in Wake. Wake Island, being isolated from the rest of the world, seems like a place where you'd have a very traditional, rustic village. Then, the armies come in and begin establishing their bases and intruding on these last remnants of human culture. It's quite a nice effect.

Operation Shingle has an interesting concept behind it, but the colors are just so dull that I wouldn't want to play it for a long time. It just makes you tired and depressed. Camp G at least has a much more saturated yellow color, and there are tinges of other colors to break up the monotony.

One thing that always happens with betas is that my frames drop like mad. Hopefully these problems get fixed up before the final release. I stutter like crazy, and the stretching on the widescreen throws me off a bit. I don't think they calculated the FOV correctly or something as I keep misaiming by a small bit now.

Also, did they improve gunship missiles on the Doragon? Today I took down a Talon with a set of rockets that never would have tracked before.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                              EA hosts RANKED betas
                              I think he means that taking out the AA guns don't give you points anymore. You no longer get the "Titan Attack" message. I guess they did this because they can't disable points on individual guns so they decided they'll just disable points on all the guns rather than have it enabled on all the guns (otherwise, it's just free points for taking out the bottom guns which do nothing now unless people fall in the water).

Does this also mean you now longer get points for repairing the guns? Or even shooting them?

Comment

Working...
                              X