Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2142 on Frostbite Engine.

Imagine that, would it be good or bad?

I personally think it would be better, and Camp G would be hell.

Re: Battlefield 2142 on Frostbite Engine.

uh...it's already on frostbite engine... it's always been on frostbite engine.

the next game will be on frostbite DX engine. a souped up version of the frostbite engine.

Comment

2142 is on the BF2 engine, albeit modified.

Comment

well, i obviously meant the new one, for Battlefield: Bad Company.

Comment

BF3 will be on the Frostbite Engine.

Comment

I wish I could make the wholes in the campG walls myself...

Whats the % destructabilty on bad company going to be?

Comment

99% destructibility. Which is starting to look like a problem than an awesome feature. You can't hide anywhere.

Originally posted by Minmaster View Post
              uh...it's already on frostbite engine... it's always been on frostbite engine.
              No. Just because it is set in the snowy future, doesn't automatically entitle it to an engine of the same genre.

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
              2142 is on the BF2 engine, albeit modified.
              Modified yes, but it is called the Refractor Engine.

Comment

It'd be nice but I think it'd be a big problem if things were too destructible. I rely on many places to remain solid. Perhaps if it was a lower % of destructibility like it places where it just seems so illogical for an object to remain standing after being pounded by tank shells.

With all the spam from rockets and grenades it wouldn't take too long for Camp G to be completely flattened.

Comment

well i doubt people use frags and pk rockets for demolition purposes so they will probably tweak the amount of damage certain weapons can do to solid structures. I hope they don't do shortcuts which may result in blowing away the walls and leaving the roof magically floating in place.

Comment

The only thing on Camp G with any destructive power is the walker. Even using those rockets it should take quite a while to take down anything significant - like blowing a hole in the outer walls.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                      The only thing on Camp G with any destructive power is the walker. Even using those rockets it should take quite a while to take down anything significant - like blowing a hole in the outer walls.
                      Not to forget the Orbital Strikes. They should have quite a significant result when bombarding the towers or buildings. Absolutely awesome!

Comment

Well if you consider how in Bad Company grenade launcher attachments are used a lot to break down environments and that PK rockets are (in a way) Bf2142's version of the grenade launching attachments then there would be a lot of destructive power.

Having highly destructible environments in 2142 would really change the dynamics, taking again the example of camp G and how there is a lot of activity concentration in certain areas between toll and harbor and central camp and ruins some explosive force (RDX, rockets, orbitals) could just blow a hole in the walls allowing the enemy to break through with a fair bit of ease.

It'd be nice having the destructibility to a certain extent though, like how there's a certain stage in BF:BC where you can't destroy the foundations of the buildings, 2142 would just have to have a lot of foundations that can't be blow apart.

Ahh I hate playing devils advocate

Comment

Yeah - I guess it depends upon how the coders programme how much damage a structure can take from weapons.

From a purely instinctive view, PK rockets would hardly scratch a structure like the thick walls on Camp G. It would take a ballistic shell fired from a tank to do any quick damage to those structures.

Comment

Yeah - I guess it depends upon how the coders programme how much damage a structure can take from weapons.

From a purely instinctive view, PK rockets would hardly scratch a structure like the thick walls on Camp G. It would take a ballistic shell fired from a tank to do any quick damage to those structures.
                            Ah yeah you're right, It'd be interesting though if they could just blow some of the outside surface off the big walls and maybe snipers could squeeze a shot through them or something.

Frostbite DX got any other major features apart from the destructible environments that would change gameplay a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by .MikeRotch View Post
                              99% destructibility. Which is starting to look like a problem than an awesome feature. You can't hide anywhere.
                              Not everybody will have a RPG in their hands FFS. If they do, I dare them to get a round off if I'm holding an assault rifle.

Speaking of assault rifles, is there a list of weapons out yet for BF:BC? BF:BC is for consoles, but isn't there also a "BF3" being made for PC? I'd love a new Battlefield game with newer weapons, and BF2 didn't have the proper weapons in it IMO. Should have been alot different.

Comment

Working...
                              X