Repair question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair question

I have played since the beta came out, but I still haven't figured out why sometimes you can repair damaged assets while in vehicle, and sometimes you can't. I have tried switching seats, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Another question I have is is there some sort of ninja hack now where you can get around claymores without getting killed? I have seen it happen about 5 or 6 times with my own eyes, while looking at the enemy as they walk right in front of a claymore and nothing happens. :shakehead:

Re: Repair question

Originally posted by ulm4lyf View Post
    I have played since the beta came out, but I still haven't figured out why sometimes you can repair damaged assets while in vehicle, and sometimes you can't. I have tried switching seats, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Another question I have is is there some sort of ninja hack now where you can get around claymores without getting killed? I have seen it happen about 5 or 6 times with my own eyes, while looking at the enemy as they walk right in front of a claymore and nothing happens. :shakehead:
    I think repairing while in a vehicle is slower than getting out and using your wrench. Maybe it looks like nothing is happening?

As for claymores? Yeah, it's a pain in the ***. Assuming they aren't walking behind the claymore, it's annoying when they dont go off. I believe it takes 3 or 5 seconds to arm though.

Comment

Currently the main kit I play in is engineer.

I find that if you're not in the driving seat of a vehicle you wont fix any other vehicles that pull up to you. Get in the drivers seat!

If you park up next to commanders assets then this takes a while, depending on the damage done to UAV etc... Also, there are no clues that you are fixing it.

Regarding claymore. Never happened to me so can't help other than it does take a few seconds to arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedgie View Post
        I think repairing while in a vehicle is slower than getting out and using your wrench. Maybe it looks like nothing is happening?
        Yes, it's slower. Unless I suspect enemies still nearby I exit the vehicle and repair with the wrench until it's out of "ammo" then jump back in the vehicle to finish up.

Comment

I guess what I am asking is how come sometimes you can drive up to a fully damaged asset and as soon as you pull up next to it it is repaired enough to function, but sometimes it doesn't do this. When it is auto repairing like it "should" it is a lot easier as a commander to whiz right by all destroyed assets and have them running in a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by ulm4lyf View Post
            I guess what I am asking is how come sometimes you can drive up to a fully damaged asset and as soon as you pull up next to it it is repaired enough to function, but sometimes it doesn't do this.
            That happens if it was more destroyed than usual; assets can be damaged more than what is necessary to take them out of action. If someone uses 3 C4 packs instead of 2 or if the asset wasn't at 100% before they destroyed it you need to repair the 'excess' damage before it will become functional.

Comment

Originally posted by gypsyd01 View Post
              .. Also, there are no clues that you are fixing it.
              ya they broke that in one of the latest patches.

Originally posted by jdrou View Post
              That happens if it was more destroyed than usual; assets can be damaged more than what is necessary to take them out of action. If someone uses 3 C4 packs instead of 2 or if the asset wasn't at 100% before they destroyed it you need to repair the 'excess' damage before it will become functional.
              I always noticed that too. assets can be destroyed into the negative percentage - although I have no data to back that up. :hmm:
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Its true^^^ You can get assests into the negatives. Reasoning: it takes longer to repair them.

Comment

I can get 2 repair points of a fully blown UAV , IE 3 C4 packs on it ,,I should know i have over 1800 of the little buggers .

Comment

Working...
                  X