Headset idea....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headset idea....

Anyone know any way to have your headset plugged in while playing bf2, but only have voip come in over it, and the sound of the action around you to come out the speakers? I really only play project reality now, and the sound of those rifles are LOUD, and hurt the ears after awhile.....anyone got an ideas?

Re: Headset idea....

There are people who do that with MS Flight Simulator. The trick is that you need either a second sound card or a USB headphone and would have to do it with TeamSpeak (not the normal in game VOIP).

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by [RS]J|Pvt.Thor[XXI] View Post
      There are people who do that with MS Flight Simulator. The trick is that you need either a second sound card or a USB headphone and would have to do it with TeamSpeak (not the normal in game VOIP).

Paul

Yeah, I got the idea from fsx. Theres a setting in the sound options to have voice come through the headphones, and nothing else. I would love to have that for bf2 though!

Comment

If you're using TS you should be able to set that to go through a different sound card than BF2.

Comment

... couldnt u just buy a pair of cheap headphones that have both the headphone and mic jacks seperate? and then just plug the mic jack in and leave the headphone jack out?..

Comment

Originally posted by [RS]J|Pvt.Thor[XXI] View Post
            If you're using TS you should be able to set that to go through a different sound card than BF2.
            I pub only though. Using ingame voip, anything with TS is a no no.

Originally posted by xX5N1P3RXx

... couldnt u just buy a pair of chap headphones that have bothe the headphone and mic jacks seperate? and then just plug the mic jack in and leave the headphone jack out?..
            Problem- Then I can't hear other players as well. See, I'm trying to make it like a combat com setup......you talk and hear the other people easily, totally separate to the outside battle.

Comment

Originally posted by cfschris View Post
              I pub only though. Using ingame voip, anything with TS is a no no.

Problem- Then I can't hear other players as well. See, I'm trying to make it like a combat com setup......you talk and hear the other people easily, totally separate to the outside battle.
              ohh.. i dont think u can... but BF2 does automaticaly cut down the battle noise when someone is talking.. other than that u would have to setup a seperate team speak program and then run the game.

Comment

It isn't possible in BF2. The only way to do what you're wanting is to use a third-party VOIP program and have two audio devices. Have BF2 use the default, your normal sound card and speakers. Then either use a USB headset that is configured as a USB audio device or a second soundcard altogether (that might cause conflicts) and run Vent or TS through that.

Comment

Originally posted by cfschris View Post
                  Anyone know any way to have your headset plugged in while playing bf2, but only have voip come in over it, and the sound of the action around you to come out the speakers? I really only play project reality now, and the sound of those rifles are LOUD, and hurt the ears after awhile.....anyone got an ideas?
                  You could just go to options in BF2 and turn down the effects volume while turning up the VOIP recieve volume. But AFAIK what your talking about isnt possible

Comment

It would likely take some simple .exe modding to implement a rough version of this. Maybe you could have a talk with the PR guys? I'm not extremely experienced with directX (directSound specifically), but my understanding is that you can add some code to aquire a second audio device and mod the VOIP code to output sound to it. DICE could have implemented this in less than an hour had they thought of it.

Back when I used TS, I ran it on my other computer. Maybe next time I'll put the keyboard on the floor for step-to-talk.

Comment

IIRC VOIP is 100% hardcoded so you cant change how it works in any way:|: But you could ask guys at the PR forums, they might have some ideas. www.realitymod.com

Comment

I'm aware of the hardcoding and it doesn't scare me. I don't know why people think that compiled code can't be changed (not an attack on you BTW).

Not that I'm offering my services or anything, but it can be done if someone wants to put in the time. Doesn't PR already come with a modded .exe or am I mistaken?

Comment

^^I think so, but some things in the game cant be changed unless you have the source code, like the squad system (number of players in the squad), maximum number of players in a vehicle (8), VOIP, scope sway, kicking/throwing back nades, etc.

Comment

Okay, now you've got me goin'.

Maybe I'll take a look at that .exe today.

Comment

Lol, just go to the PR forums and ask a DEV They will be able to tell you what you cant and cant do and why you cant do it

Comment

Working...
                              X