Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: m40a3 vs r700

Originally posted by xX5N1P3RXx View Post
    yeah i have to say im moving towards the m40a.. im usually a R700 fan but recently i went back to M40 and i was taking moving targets from across the map without a problem.. i then went back to the R700 and im having problems hitting stationary one's >.<

as for the M40's slightly less damaging effect i just turn on "stopping power" and that seems to take care of that.

im glad to see im not the only one thats finding the M4 a better rifle..
    fixy fixy

Comment

I've used all the sniper rifles for a few days (got 150 head shots with each one for the weapon skins) and afterwards I stuck with the R700.

For me, the recoil is not a issue at all as I un-scope and reload after every shot.

I have noticed some funky things with the gun in terms of hit registration but nothing to major (for me at least).

I found that with the other snipers you can scope, immediately hit the hold breath button after you scope, shoot and hit.

With R700, you have to wait a half second after you hit the hold breath button otherwise it will most likely not register.

This does not bother me, I just adjust how I snipe with the gun and have no issues hitting targets (unless I do not wait that split second after holding breath).

I prefer it over the M40 because it has a better feel.

The m40 feels like a bb gun, r700 feels like a real gun to me.

The model is bad ***, especially with the red tiger.

Comment

I'm with reaper, I play loads of pcw's, using both the M40 and the R700, and there are countless times where I have hit somone with the M40 and not got a kill, with the R700 that is never a problem.

Someone said that the M40 has this "ability" to fire off 2 rounds in quick succesion in one breath. Well One deadly shot is always better than 2 bugged ones In my opinion. I like to know my bullet will kill him, unless a teammate runs infront of me (in which case you still get a kill lol!)

Comment

I've still hit people with R700 and they don't die.

Comment

don't u use stopping power??.. i find that balances out the M40...

Comment

Originally posted by Kodak|Zuke View Post
              I've still hit people with R700 and they don't die.
              Ive hit some one with a Barret and stopping power and they didn't go down

Comment

M40A3

Hooooraaah

BTW the M40 series were made to be sniper rifles based on the R700 or M24 or whatever, the R700 is a hunting rifle, so the "Upgraded" R700, being the M40A3 should be better anyway.

Comment

it just sucks that its soo damn ugly..

Comment

Originally posted by xX5N1P3RXx View Post
                    it just sucks that its soo damn ugly..

lulz, that reminds me of the "pimped" weapons on Army of Two. xD I do think the M40 looks ugly in game though...

Comment

I think it looks gorgeous.

Comment

Its so plain... Here is a sexy rifle tho:

Comment

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood View Post
                          Ive hit some one with a Barret and stopping power and they didn't go down
                          Ya, I aint figured it out yet, games real goofy like that, and I do not think all of them were juggernauts.

Comment

what annoys me is when u run out of breath and let of a shot only to not get the kill... theres been a few times i have taken a shot while i was all wobbly from taking in a breath and i have seen the bullet make a spark on the car or wall behind them and not so much as a hit

Comment

I've actually made a fiar amount of shots without holding my breath at all.

It's just like sniping in DoDs, but the scope moves faster, once you get used to it you dont need to hold your breath.

I have not tried at really long range but at medium-medium long range I can score a hit w/o holding breath.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperOfsouls View Post
                                I've actually made a fiar amount of shots without holding my breath at all.

It's just like sniping in DoDs, but the scope moves faster, once you get used to it you dont need to hold your breath.

I have not tried at really long range but at medium-medium long range I can score a hit w/o holding breath.

hmm yes anyone can do that.. im talking about the moment when u lose ur breath and the scope goes everywhere as it would if an epileptic person was having a fit while holding the gun..

Comment

Working...
                                X