Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you support BF series if they went cash for weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: would you support BF series if they went cash for weapons?

Originally posted by =TAU-CL= flanker1121 View Post
    I'm all for it! Taxing voss users!!

'You spray - you pay'
    The field would be a glut of snipers all of a sudden. :laugh:

Comment

lol everyone would put their guns on single shot! "you spray - you pay"; that's hilarious. maybe they should charge for nades, that will surely put an end to nade spamming. i suppose all that money can help maintain servers and give us more frequent updates in the form of quality patches and fresh content but imagine the outrage if the master server goes down or some annoying bug gets ignored despite all the extra money they collect!

Comment

Has anyone heard of this new game being released, it is basically an FPS gambling game. basically, you pay from weapons and ammunition, but when you are shot, you lose money, and the shooter gains your money. Its an interesting concept. additionally, if you die from fall damage or accidentally kill yourself, the money goes back into the company, and keeps the server running. I think it would be very fun but extremely expensive, it would stop whoring and spraying, and if you get really good at it, you could just quite your job and game for a living

Comment

Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
            £1 per 1000 bullets. Are you insane!

1 peso per 1000 bullets. I could afford that but no more. ( where is this post going to take us )...........just kidding.

Comment

paying for non-advantage providing kinds of items like attire or cosmetic changes, yes.

paying for weapons, vehicles, and like, as long as its not too expensive, yes im ok with that. having an alternative way to get it by getting some achievement or play x amount of time doing something i think would be smart.

Comment

Originally posted by Ark_Angel_4400
                Has anyone heard of this new game being released, it is basically an FPS gambling game. basically, you pay from weapons and ammunition, but when you are shot, you lose money, and the shooter gains your money. Its an interesting concept. additionally, if you die from fall damage or accidentally kill yourself, the money goes back into the company, and keeps the server running. I think it would be very fun but extremely expensive, it would stop whoring and spraying, and if you get really good at it, you could just quite your job and game for a living
                Y helo thar campers.

~Wolfgang

Comment

yeah that game sounds pretty hella stupid

Comment

I've seen this kind of thing used in those free online games where it is free to play, but if you want the leet stuff, or you rather not farm countless hours for game-credits, you have to pay to get them. People don't make games and put up online services for free. While this is the first time we've seen such a thing for a battlefield franchise, this is not exactly something new to the online gaming industry.

But unless they are going to put that money into good use, i would not be bothered giving them my cash. The other thing that i have concerns over is the balancing involved with said purchasable weapon. Knowing EA, I'm betting that this weapon will have some massive advantage over stock weapons so that it encourages people to part with their coin and give it to EA's money grubbing hands. But if said gun is the gun that everyone must have to stand a chance, I have to wonder if the game will remain balanced and enjoyable or if they are going to make OP uber weapons and ruin the game?

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                    The field would be a glut of snipers all of a sudden. :laugh:
                    That would be unless there is a huge premium or royalty fee for killing someone with said sniper rifle + ammunition cost. I think a bullet that can kill someone with one shot will most likely cost more than those expendable ones you use to spray and pay

Comment

well this kind stuff has been going on under-the-table between gamers with RPG games like everquest and wow, right?

oh and i think dice already came out and said they won't be selling anything that would tip the balance of the game to people who pay. i think it was going to be mostly cosmetic things, and the choice of whether you want to acquire a weapon by earning experience pts. over straight buying it because you can't put in the time. that sounds acceptable to me.

Comment

I wonder who would want to pay for tank shells and rocket tubes?

Comment

I don't mind paying for expansion packs, but just paying for a weapon unlock, um no, War Rock did this and it is a flop.

Comment

Working...
                          X