Someone in IW can't spell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone in IW can't spell

Well I was bored yesterday and was looking through the IWD files in the /main/ folder. Came across with a few images named like:

opforce_gear
    opforce_hand
    opforce_headset
    etc.

So I figured they'd all follow this "opforce" order... then the last two used:

opfroce_gas_mask_lens_spc_sp
    opfroce_gas_mask_spc_sp

Oh noes, someone in IW can't spell force? (this is probably an old find for modders)

Does the game look for "opforce_gas_mask_lens" or "opfroce_gas_mask_lens"?

For proof look in iw_02 and iw_05 (for the versions with ~ infront)

Re: Someone in IW can't spell

or just go play in the sun.:salute:

Comment

It's not that they can't spell, it's just a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Spils View Post
        or just go play in the sun.:salute:
        Lol, its raining outside... :laugh:

Comment

Now, why didn`t they fix the spelling error when running the game for the first time instead of making the game look for a file with a spelling error in it?
          Or the thing is named like that on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
            Now, why didn`t they fix the spelling error when running the game for the first time instead of making the game look for a file with a spelling error in it?
            Or the thing is named like that on purpose.
            theres no need for them to fix the name, only on the rarest,(when i say rarest, i mean u, out of everyone else) would go through the files and look for these things

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
              Probably because they had already had the game look for the misspelled file and now it would be too much of a hassle to fix it.

Comment

wouldn't it not work if it was different from all the other code?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomeis
                  wouldn't it not work if it was different from all the other code?
                  Bits of code are usually copy/pasted from one location to another, so the mistake would propogate through the game, but as long as it is consistent, it would be called correctly and the game would work properly.

But if this one was "froce" and someone manually typed a reference to that line of code as "force", then the checking-software/compiler would put up an error message.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                    Bits of code are usually copy/pasted from one location to another, so the mistake would propogate through the game, but as long as it is consistent, it would be called correctly and the game would work properly.

But if this one was "froce" and someone manually typed a reference to that line of code as "force", then the checking-software/compiler would put up an error message.
                    oh, I see. I just do basic coding at school with visual basic and when I type something wrong it'll highlight it showing an inconsistency so I thought it would be the same

Comment

Mistakes happen all the time in codding.

Comment

That's a typo, not being able to spell would be to type "there" every time when you are trying to say "their".

Comment

Working...
                        X