Forgotten Hope 2.1 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten Hope 2.1 Released

As promised, the Forgotten Hope 2 mod team has released their newest version to the community today. Here's what they had to say:
    Hello and welcome back to another update of Forgotten Hope 2. Finally, after 5 months of development, we are proud to present Forgotten Hope 2.1. We hope you've all had a chance to download the passworded torrents, so you can get right to playing 2.1 after installing, but don't worry if you haven't, because we've also got a long list of mirrors where you can download the unpassworded files.

Installation Instructions
    To help you through the process of installing Forgotten Hope 2.1, we've prepared some step by step instructions. There are as many as four files available. First, you have the two passworded files, one of which is a full version and one of which is a patch. These files are in .rar format and you will need a program such as win-rar to extract the installation file. The password for these files is:

-=FH-TS-Server:80.190.243.217:20019=-

After extracting the installer just open the file and it should guide you through the rest of the installation. Just remember, if you downloaded the patch, make sure you have an unedited version of Forgotten Hope 2.0 installed (custom maps are not a problem).

If you've downloaded the files without the password (you will find links to these files below) then you must also first extract the installers from their .zip archives. The program win-rar can also open these files. Once extracted, just run the files and the installer should take you through the rest of the installation.

Congrats to the FH2 team on another release. For a variety of mirrors to download from, visit here.

Re: Forgotten Hope 2.1 Released

There was a ton of lag where I was getting shot while in a bunker for example, black and white iron sight view with a heat haze like blur all over the screen, and there were alot of smaller bugs.

Comment

I really want to like FH2, I really do, but it's just so laggy. I know it's Total Conversion, but It just makes me sigh. Still, the bicycles were fun till i got teamkilled for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt Davis View Post
        There was a ton of lag where I was getting shot while in a bunker for example, black and white iron sight view with a heat haze like blur all over the screen, and there were alot of smaller bugs.
        The b&w shader is a big bug.. but is not for everybody... I'll post a solution asap.

btw.. I think is something related with the Project reality Shaders...

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
          I really want to like FH2, I really do, but it's just so laggy. I know it's Total Conversion, but It just makes me sigh. Still, the bicycles were fun till i got teamkilled for it.
          Laggy in what way? The only lag I've ever had in FH2 is on high-ping servers and even that's very rare.

Comment

I'm curious, was the bug adressed where while trying to use the mouselook while driving buggys and jeeps the camera would be jumpy and hard to control? It was something that I remember was acknowledged when FH2 first came out and someone mentioned that it would be fixed in the first patch.

Other than that, I can't wait to get home and try out the new patch. Thanks FH2 team for an excellent mod.

Comment

I can't tell whether it's lag or how you run or how the guns move when you shoot to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome mod, it's just for me, it's a little hard to handle.

I do like the innovative features you've put in like the camera plane, and the bike and tractors have a comedic but nice touch.

I'll try turning down my settings and see how that works out, still nice work.

Comment

Well I hope it's all been worked out I'm downloading it now. IMHO if it's good I'll uninstall PR and play WW2, or VBF2 for my real full modern warfare/WW2 junky stuff. I'll keep BF2142 for the StarWars First Strike mod thats coming soon in the next few weeks as well.

Man I love BF mods!

Comment

I have a little problem-when i zoom in with handwepon, my screen goes black and white and wobbly. Its really hard to hit anything like this. Anyone has solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas
                    I'll try turning down my settings and see how that works out, still nice work.
                    it dose normally help if you have lag...

There are too main types of lag, Connection lag and system lag. System lag is when your PC is struggling to render or w/e the environment around you, and your fps drops below 27, only ways to solve this is to lower your GFx or buy new PC parts like RAM etc.

the other is connection lag, which can be either server or client side. Most commonly known as "ping", thou its not always down to ping, really in BF2 your ping needs to be above 200 before you as a client get any "ping lag", ie, delay in sending the server messages of you shooting etc of 200ms
                    The other is when the server is struggling to process all thats going on in the game, and w/e else the server may be doing and as a resault all the players feel bad responses from movement etc. The other is where you are downloading or w/e and as a result have no bandwidth left to upload or download server info, and your ping will normally go up a huge amount at this point and it will become unplayable.

So really the question is which one of the 2 types of lag are you getting, system or connection?

Comment

I need to say this right now....Mareth Line may be one of the single best custom maps for any version of Battlefield ever.

I can honestly and faithfully say that this map truly epitomizes your artistry as a mod team. BRAVO.

I say this in spite of the fact that I wouldn't shed one single tear if Lobo were to be crushed by a flying piece of re-entering space debris....although I imagine the shockwave would probaly kill us all.

So I salute Lobo and the entire Forgotten Hope mod team.:salute:

WELL DONE LADS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by |D|-Jaws
                        I say this in spite of the fact that I wouldn't shed one single tear if Lobo were to be crushed by a flying piece of re-entering space debris....although I imagine the shockwave would probaly kill us all.
                        And I would survive, probably

Comment

I like it. Unfortunately the only populated servers seem to only be running the new maps.

I did find one problem. Every time I exit out of the mod, it tells me BF2 crashed and asks if I want to submit a report to the FH2 team...

Comment

[media]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4205/imagemys9.jpg[/media]

Don't know what happened, but when mareth line 64 loaded up, i was heavy lagged, i check out the memory usage and look at it. 2 gb of ram.

A bunch of people complained about lag and disconnected, maybe this is the reason?

EDIT: I've adjusted the texture setting from high to medium. Now it uses 1.30GB of ram, works great now.

Comment

I keep getting this error every time a new map loads up which is making it hard to play.
                              GAME MESSAGE
                              "There was an error reading from the server"

It especially makes it hard to stay in those full servers. Other than that the problem is just a nuisance.

Game is nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X