Where have all the servers gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where have all the servers gone?

Are there any good Daqing servers out there? I don't think there is a single Daqing 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by LaikaSB View Post
      Are there any good Daqing servers out there? I don't think there is a single Daqing 24/7.
      TV2 and Insomnia definitely have one.

Comment

Oh yeah, it's just that I don't get good ping at the TV2 one and I don't think I've ever seen the Insomnia server.

Comment

That's the rub.

There are a few 24/7 something's, but they might be outside of your acceptable ping range, at which point you're stuck with the server lottery. That's when you know a game is on its way out...

Comment

ok then. heres where i come in and save the day.

I'm an avid bf2 player. I founded the =DO= Dragon Valley server and the =DO= community. Were trying to keep it alive and our saitek x52 giveaway is just one way were doing it.

Also in response to the rule thing. The main reason we have rules on our server that are like said "laundry list" is because some people make it a point to just look for the easiest kills (ie jets bombing a last spawn point over and over with nobody making an attempt to cap just rapage)

I agree rules sometimes are a pain to stick to, but I think if you find a good server and just play like a seasoned player that by now you should be its not a rule..but an etiquette between gamers...kind of like a unwritten code of gaming.

you can hack and beat everyone, but you dont do it. WHY? because it kills everyones fun and defeats the purpose of a game being a challenge, same way if you spawned on your last flag only to be arty'ed bombed and chopper raped to death with not one soldier capping, just everyone waiting for you to spawn to snag a quick double point.

what would you do? leave obviously. we dont want that. we want you to enjoy yourself get to know some other like minded gamers and have fun.

Now on to my point...

We are looking into getting another map server out because we believe in our community and the bf2 scene. We need your help to find out what we should add and what you think makes a good bf2 server. the oilfields a good choice for a map, and i would like to invest in buying a server for you all to enjoy I/O appears to be on a rampant but not for everyone, we want you vets to come play with us.

what will it take for that to happen? what do YOU want in a server so we can make it happen!!

Comment

It doesn't have to be one specific map, but rather a collection of enjoyable maps. I'm biased, so don't take me too seriously... but my vote goes for a rotation of Gulf, Dalian, Daqing and Kubra. Four very good maps, two of which easily have heavy ground elements for the tank/apc/infy crowd...

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                It doesn't have to be one specific map, but rather a collection of enjoyable maps. I'm biased, so don't take me too seriously... but my vote goes for a rotation of Gulf, Dalian, Daqing and Kubra. Four very good maps, two of which easily have heavy ground elements for the tank/apc/infy crowd...
                /second.

For a 24/7 map I'd love Gulf, but Sloi's right that a collection is overall more enjoyable than a 24/7 server, and those four maps are a good choice.

~Wolfgang

Comment

Originally posted by Buggies
                  Yea i'm not sure where everyone's at either. Seems like everyone just wants to play Karkand I'm so sick of playing Karkand infantry only. I LOVE Clean Sweep and Kubra Dam, but apparently no one else in the world does.
                  Are you Italian? Cause i swear we must be related, those are my 2 fav maps and i hate IO

Comment

MODS!!!!

AIX in particular

Comment

Originally posted by nadicus View Post
                      MODS!!!!

PR in particular
                      Had to fix it for you

Comment

Working...