What new feature would you most like to see in BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What new feature would you most like to see in BF3

Lemme get this clear, US army use M4's while USMC use M16's? Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
      Lemme get this clear, US army use M4's while USMC use M16's? Yes?
      What I was trying to explain is... Not really. Yes, a lot of Division guys have M4s, but not the whole Army. A lot still have M16s. Just like in the Marines a lot have M16A4s, but the last time I was around Marines, mid last year, some had M16A2s. It's somewhat easier for the Corps to switch to a new primary weapon when compared to the whole U.S. Army, though.

Comment

i never said that i had Military Experience. I just said that i went there. had some fun got my *** kick and ask a few question.

Now how do i have military Experience?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield View Post
          Limit by weight. One cant carry around a zooka and an ammo pack, unless they want to walk 1mph. If you put a weight effect on aiming aswell, people will shy away from "uber monster" classes.

EDIT: One can also always use the true and proven "Commandos" RPG-esque method, where you have a "box" and your sh!t has to fit that box. One can load themselves up with an ammo distribution pack and a missile, but he has to give up his sidearm, armor, primary weapon and grenades. Just for example.
          That would be awesome!

Comment

Ability to allow the server admin to choose what vehicles are available for use on a map--as in NO JETS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimtool655321 View Post
              Uh, in my recent experience, most troops still have M16A2s...

Especially Marines, as they stuck with the weapon with more range. It's only about a 50m difference in effective range, but still. Sadly, you can't even begin to hit a 550m target with an M16A2 in BF2.
              yeah and hasnt the army tried and failed on various occasions to replace the M16?

Comment

I think Chris' idea is great, I think there should be far more equipment and items available, a base set that every class can access like a pistol etc etc and then class specific ones like Sraws for anti tank etc, all loadouts governed either slots/weight

If the frostbite engine is being used then detailed guns would be great, along with more equipment there should be more guns also, like some near future or current weapons, more scars,g36, 50cal snipers and the m4 design variants

Weather cycles would be great, maybe not like Crysis but just varied weather across maps. I can picture a Midway style map at night where a US carrier is near an island the the marines would have to assault it at night in helis, landing boats/hovercraft etc, tracer fire shooting around, it would be quite spectacular.
                I think large open maps would be great but we also need the urban ones, so a diverse range, if the game only has 8 maps it will be very disheartening, like i said before with the night map an open desert style map would be great, tank battles in NV etc or assaulting a shoreside harbour area during thunder and lightning etc. Stalker and Crysis both showed that weather can add greatly to the atmosphere.

Balancing - the game has to have vehicles or it will decend into the depths of IO (*shudders) but in order to have vehicles there must be adequate counters, such as working AA. People need to have a number of options and strategies when attacking vehicles they shouldnt be able to dominate in all situations

Weapon sway should be situational as well I think, its a bit silly in 2142, a sniper in prone shouldnt have sway (a little maybe) they then need to make sure there is no dolphin diving crap by having accurate stamina bars etc

More gamemodes, Conquest ticket style is great but if you have the nack for good map design then adding gamemodes shouldnt be hard, the assault lines mode could be expanded to assault, say more like ETQW, where a series of objectives have to be cleared or controlling a certain portion of the map

Refined stats system and a rework of the unlocks etc, I dont have too many ideas but theres bound to be some genius out there that can think of a way to lessen the smacktardness, otherwise gamemonitoring should be made better, a person that tks to get into a plane for example should be harshly punished, it wouldnt be hard for the game to detect when a sniper m95s a pilot in the head as hes about to take off, hell they could even implement a small queue system for vehicles which locked the vehicle to everyone but the first person in line (although i aint sure if thats such a good idea)

edit: Cant believe I forgot this but bring back the frickin radio!!! It doesnt even have to be modern music, custom music or classics would be immense, war music is easy to find ;D

Comment

Here is an idea i had about artillery...

Make it where you have to man the artillery in order to call it in..

So, you have a soldier sitting in the artillery, and he gets a request, he looks on the map to see, and on the map, there is coordinates (grid), and the player has to enter the coordinates and fire himself. It would count as an artillery kill.

I hope they go back to modern combat.

Comment

the thing i'd most like to see is a GREAT decrease in bullet deviation, from hardly any stood up to, to none prone...

... however i think that bullet drop, sway and recoil govern the accuracy of the individual, not getting on the good side of the deviation gods. I mean atm, you could be perfectly still with a rifle, proned, aiming at a stationary target, with the ironsight smack on the persons head... and you miss! i mean wtf, then even if you hit it aint always one hit kill!

which leads me onto, all primary weapons should be one hit kill to the head. period.
                    sniper rifles, should be one hit kill to a main mass of body, and if theres a .50cal then its bye bye soldier. though for balancing, all snipers would have to account for bullet drop (if anyone has played BHD, or joint ops then thats what i mean) as well as bullet speed (time to target etc)

thats the main gripes i have with infantry combat on BF2 atm, if it was adjusted so that if you can aim on the game then the physics of the game will allow you to have that accuracy.

vehicles need sorting out, mainly when it comes to ground to air stuff. i reckon that 2 classes of AA vehicle might help 1. the bullet spitter (e.g. the Gepard) that has no warning when engaging aircraft and just spits bullets up at them. 2. the heavy stuff, mobile AA missile launcher, maybe something like a rapier missile system.

tanks and the like, for teamplay what PR has is a good idea, driver and gunner, driver gets assists etc. gunner, well its obvious

helicopters would be hard to get a nice balance, but with the light of the flak dispensing AA that offer no warning and could rip a heli into pieces quickly it might help balance them out more.

oh and stingers for infantry

other then those ideas just the usual of lots of maps that vary alot (desert, jungle, woods, urban, lots of small urban etc)

nice variety of weapons that handle differently, with add-ons etc. possible different add-ons for different classes. so spec-ops can put silencers on a rifle, where as medics get stuck with the basic weapon, ironsight etc

think i've rambled enough, and it probably makes no sense what so ever. as long as it aint buggy i'll be very happy

Comment

Originally posted by Kadath View Post
                      I think a great variety regarding maps and their design would be great. From snow, over jungle to dessert, everything should be in it.

Yes i second that, plus some westen world maps would be nice, instead of all the middle east ones.

Also more sniper friendly maps, like tall tower blocks where you can access evey window and every room, not just been able to get on the roof, also very tall bridges.

More stats (not about points) stuff like number of head shots, number of times killed with a smoke granade, number of times killed with a granade to the head before it explodes, number of times killed by falling crate, number of time you have been jairhad jeeped, number of times knifed while manning the maching gun on a tank, how stealthy you are, longest distance kill, most kills in one go (IE granade kills 7 people), number of friendly engineers reversed over while fixing your tank, number of times hurt by walking in to a team mate, number of times killed by a friendly parachute, number of rolls in squad car, number of times CTD while pressing ''G'' to pick up kit.

Comment

IO with cars, if infantry combat won`t suck nuts like it does in BF2.
                        Plus everything that Chris and Sars said.

Comment

I voted for:

Transfer Of The BF Franchise To A Company That Gives A Damn

Has anyone not learned a damn thing with the way BF2 was treated and then ultimately ended up being?

Comment

Deary me 0wn4g3, every single post you have slated EA...

Comment

Originally posted by 0wn4g3
                              I voted for:

Transfer Of The BF Franchise To A Company That Gives A Damn

Has anyone not learned a damn thing with the way BF2 was treated and then ultimately ended up being?
                              Ha, that's cute.

Now think of the situation in reality. The game is almost 3 years old, is still one of the most played in the world. Not say something to you? Sure there were problems, but the positive outweighed the negative.

If you're so disgruntled with the series, don't play it

EA made mistakes, and possibly DICE as well. But, everyone learns from their mistakes, and they are due another chance in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon View Post
                                IO with cars, if infantry combat won`t suck nuts like it does in BF2.
                                Plus everything that Chris and Sars said.
                                IO with cars? if its IO its without cars, if its with cars its not IO

Comment

Working...
                                X