Reflex or aimed shooting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reflex or aimed shooting?

If I see them first, I tend to aim more, but if they surprise me, especially in close quarters, I'm a total spray and pray noob. I'm in engie 99% of the time on the ground, and I find that when I'm suprised I first squeal like a little girl, then spray for the chest. That (including the squeal) combined with strafing wins the fight for me about 70% of the time, even against the voss (and adds immeasurably to the enjoyment of my teammates on vent...).

Comment

don't forget to jump up on a high stool and cry out "Mouse!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zarious View Post
        If I see them first, I tend to aim more, but if they surprise me, especially in close quarters, I'm a total spray and pray noob. I'm in engie 99% of the time on the ground, and I find that when I'm suprised I first squeal like a little girl, then spray for the chest. That (including the squeal) combined with strafing wins the fight for me about 70% of the time, even against the voss (and adds immeasurably to the enjoyment of my teammates on vent...).
        :laugh: - Nice.

Comment

If you play CSS you always squeal into the mic when you see an enemy - makes them completely disoriented

Comment

nothing better than firing from the hip at over 100m for that surprise frag

Comment

Who here goes prone to shoot when the enemy is rather far away (its smart to go prone when you're right next to an enemy sometimes, or hes spraying you from close up) instead of crouching?

Comment

Originally posted by ZinZ View Post
                Who here goes prone to shoot when the enemy is rather far away (its smart to go prone when you're right next to an enemy sometimes, or hes spraying you from close up) instead of crouching?
                I never go prone to shoot at someone - the wait for the crosshairs to stabilise is simply too much, and it just makes your head an easier target for a good player to single-shot away at.

I use prone more as a method of getting over high objects, and in combination with crouch/sprint/jump (jump as a method to get upright, NOT to depart terra firma!) to avoid fire and move in a way so as to make myself unpredictable..it throws snipers off and even a voss user at 20m will find it hard to randomly-spray-all-fourty-rounds-in-your-general-direction in time to kill you

Comment

Indeed. It's so much easier to shoot someone who is lying. 2 single shots into that dude are basically 2 head shots. And if he faces a different direction the better. Pull out your knife and show him.

Comment

well your not really showing him anything seeing that he cant see you

Comment

well, on topic, i usually go for aimed shooting and try to aim in the chest area, the idea being that the recoil will snap my rifle up and hit the head as well, this will usually do decent damage and drop my enemies relativly fast, usually 4-6 bullets.
                      if your using the two standard assault kit rifles, you can often fire from the hip and still get high accuracy at low to medium range targets, you just have to keep the mouse on em

Comment

Working...
                      X