Win a free Saitek X52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win a free Saitek X52

I have a server hosted through MYIS I recently purchased and am trying to promote its growth. As such, I am hosting a contest with a prize being a free Saitek x52 Flight Control System.

For those of you who do not know what is the big deal about this Saitek x52 need only google it and look up its current market value.

Now if you've been sticking to choppers since flying a jet was out of the picture due to having no joystick or a poop one, then heres your chance to jump into flight school with arguably the best flight control system on the market.

This joystick is known for its reliability and great features including programmable alias binds at the touch of a button. That means you designate a button in a chopper to switch seats and fire the tv at the same time and then another to mouse click a number of times automatically so you will ALWAYS stay on target!

Now this contest will be a timed course run in a chopper around the map Dragon Valley in 64 player mode in an empty server that we will provide battle recorded along with 3 judges to verify the times of all players.

This is the course as flown by our member and to whom the prize is courtesy of.

External View (easier to follow route)

Cocpit View (better perspective on low flightpath)

The applicant competing must be a registered member.

Full details can be seen here http://www.doteam.net/modules.php?na...viewtopic&t=64

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR APPLICANTS

AND ALSO BE ADVISED WE RUN MONTHLY DRAWINGS FOR DOOR PRIZES FOR NEW MEMBERS THAT REGISTER ON OUR WEBSITE!

So just by signing up on our website you have a chance of winning some great prizes. Last months door prize was a Logitech G5 gaming mouse!

Re: Win a free Saitek X52

Hmmm.... I don't really need a new joystick, but I might do it for the glory.

Then again... It's not as if my joystick isn't a peice of crap.

Looks like fun.

Comment

That course is absurdly long. How do you expect anybody to remember every turn?

Comment

love the collision at 0:20 on the demo run..

original idea, but I agree.. course is gonna be hard to remember for participants.

Comment

It is a long course... but a small price to pay for a $100 joystick, which by the way, I love

Comment

It is a long course...I thought it was too much at first..but i found after about a week, simply by following and practice flying that it became "muscle memory" as such, and plus

[t1] k0daK

It is a long course... but a small price to pay for a $100 joystick
            is the same exact thing I was thinking as i read your complaints, however..if we don't get any positive turnout then we may either extend it it or possibly modify it for a better target audience. No promises :thatsbad:

Comment

bump..? not sure if I can do that or maybe get a nice admin to sticky for a while? :-(. It IS a MYIS Server :-P

Comment

I'd register, but I don't have much time to practice flying again as I haven't played BF2 in months. More people should enter, especially because of the prize

Comment

I would enter but the thing is too long, I will NOT remember the whole course. Too many random turns etc.

Comment

how do you practice this course... do you tab out of the game to check the video every time you forget a turn???
                    agreed this is a good idea and sounds like fun but its just too much to remember

Comment

A 5 minute course is absurd if im honest. 1 or 2 minutes at the max.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like fun, since this is YOUR contest I would like to know when YOUR going to pick up the prize?

Comment

You guys do realize they are offering a $100+ joystick. Take a few minutes of your day to memorize the course - he managed to do it, why can't you?

Sorry to act irritated here, but it's quite disheartening to see people complaining about memorizing a course (a half hour of practice tops) to win an expensive joystick. Be realistic here.

And typsyt, that was completely unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by [t1] k0daK View Post
                            You guys do realize they are offering a $100+ joystick. Take a few minutes of your day to memorize the course - he managed to do it, why can't you?

Sorry to act irritated here, but it's quite disheartening to see people complaining about memorizing a course (a half hour of practice tops) to win an expensive joystick. Be realistic here.

And typsyt, that was completely unnecessary.
                            This is very true and so i will retract my statement, hes putting in the effort, so should we.

Comment

This contest is open until the end of summer anyway.

The main purpose for this contest is to attract some elite pilots to our community. We have some good pilots on our team and sometimes we get carried away and pwn everyone and it would be great to have more pilots to go up against on our own team.

TipsyT is actually in our community, co-founder.

(There was an internal issue dealing with giving proper credit...done over with no hard feelings)

Anyway I digress.

I appreciate your understanding that we can't make this a noob friendly course as the prize isn't a noob friendly price, :laugh:

And may I repeat this contest is open all summer long to provide AMPLE AMPLE time to practice, also you are given 3 attempts.

Comment

Working...
                              X