Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my rig -fps

66 processes thats epic

stone cold the biggest issue with a psu is mounting it especially if its not the same dimensions. the 405w one that i got was just a little bit different and it goofed up everything with mounting it

Comment

Well yeah... If the PSU is too small or too big, then you'll have a big problem...

I remember when i installed my old PSU for buddy of mine, at first i tought wtf?!? where's the places for screws... Then it all cleared up after i turned the PSU...

So as long as you have right sized PSU, it's pretty easy to install...

Comment

i thought maybe i could do something to my case so the psu is sitting outside of it but the wires go inside the case to power everthing. idk though im not much of a fabricator..

Comment

ehm shaz try to dl security task manager and check all the programs that are running if they are needed. if not close them.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
            i thought maybe i could do something to my case so the psu is sitting outside of it but the wires go inside the case to power everthing. idk though im not much of a fabricator..
            I don't think that's a good idea...

Maybe you could take the PSU back to the store, and say that it doesn't fit to your case. Maybe they'll change it, or give u refund...

Comment

250 is low for a modern system. A 400 - 500 watt supply can be bought relatively cheap nowadays. I got my 400w supply from PC World (£25 on offer) and it has worked fine for me. Replacing a power supply is a pain but not hard to do. It's just a matter of unscrewing the old one and swapping out. Then plugging all the connectors back in. Most PSUs are standardized nowadays and have all the recent connections. Make a note of what plugs in where when you take out the old one.

Comment

The PSU should fit your case if your case is ATX and the PSU is ATX. In my Dell Inspiron 531 I had a weak 300W, single 80mm fan. I then replaced it with a 600W, single 120mm fan. The new PSU is ATX, and the case is ATX so it fit perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by TrooperJac View Post
                  250 is low for a modern system. A 400 - 500 watt supply can be bought relatively cheap nowadays. I got my 400w supply from PC World (£25 on offer) and it has worked fine for me. Replacing a power supply is a pain but not hard to do. It's just a matter of unscrewing the old one and swapping out. Then plugging all the connectors back in. Most PSUs are standardized nowadays and have all the recent connections. Make a note of what plugs in where when you take out the old one.
                  I got my 550W for 55€(44£)... So the prize ain't that bad...

Comment

this is my mobo - Sunshine DDR2 (GA-8I915PMD) Ver 0.1

I dont think I would be able to upgrade my cpu to dualcore on it...?

Comment

just caus its a dual core doesnt mean its good. i have a dual core processor and here i am getting 10-20fps on a loaded titan on a 48 person server

Comment

Lower your resolution. It's actually not that bad.

I play at 800x600 with 7800GT, and the rest is almost the same to yours. Never had a system lag except on Titans. Conquest works fine on 1024x768.

BTW I bought my system AFTER I bought the card in 2005 so I don't have the power issue. 350W PSU should be good enough, and you can still run at 1024x768 or something like that. I don't suggest you to buy this-and-that to upgrade. It used to work, but is not worth it anymore. Today you need to design a system around the high-end gaming graphics card, or otherwise buy mid-performing card and play on low res. Upgrade your current system to is always PITA, especially the high-end ones. New computer specs roll out every year, and it becomes ever painful to find old parts. If it's not RAM and not PSU, then prepare to get a new system.

Comment

knowing some of the stuff that i know now i would have just built a computer. would have a better rig for less money

Comment

I defragged using windows today. I also opened up my pc and cleaned out the tonnes of dust inside it! Especially on the fan of the graphics card.

I then went to play 2142 and realised that I have now got about 10-20 fps extra and it lags less!! How cool is that. Not sure how much the defrag helped, but I should clean my pc more often....

I'm so happy. :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by Shazanelli View Post
                              I usually have about 45 on start-up, but end the processes of non essential ones before each time I play and gets down to about 33.

also it would be a good help to get rid of the msmsgs which is running in the processes as its a virus or adware , cant remember which, but there all the same(a big pain in the arsenal)

notice how its named to look like msnmsgs so you wouldnt give it another look.:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by [PTG]Jonny*5
                                also it would be a good help to get rid of the msmsgs which is running in the processes as its a virus or adware , cant remember which, but there all the same(a big pain in the arsenal)

notice how its named to look like msnmsgs so you wouldnt give it another look.:salute:
                                According to this, it's part of Messenger, as long as it's located in C:\Program Files\Messenger...

The Windows Messenger from Microsoft provides Online Chat and Instant Messaging.
                                If you don't use Windows Messenger, you can disable it as follows: Start -> Programs -> Windows Messenger -> Tools -> Options -> Preferences. Uncheck "Run this program when Windows Starts".

Note: The msmsgs.exe file is located in the folder C:\Program Files\Messenger. In other cases, msmsgs.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or worm! Check this with Security Task Manager.

Virus with same name:
                                W32.HLLW.Spirit - Symantec Corporation
                                W32.Alcarys.B - Symantec Corporation
                                W32.Alcarys.G - Symantec Corporation
                                The msmsgs.exe process is part of Windows Messenger of Microsoft. Here are further details of msmsgs.exe, and whether it might be a virus or spyware.

So it's not virus everytime. Might wanna try to disable it from the start-up, and if it's still there. Then might wanna start look for ways to remove it..

Comment

Working...
                                X