Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OK EA I have had it with you now ,,new 1.5 Patch for 2142

Originally posted by Twizzz View Post
    It's "I'am Legend" Starring Will Smith and some guy named ManKelly.

I went out and bought the DVD after seeing it advertised on BF, Pretty good movie (saw it before). Also bought the Riddick Trilogy set on DVD. Played a lil 2142 after watching it and went "all Riddick" with the knife that night.

WTF???? Do those posters really change? I never noticed that before. I've seen NS and Nokia ones. Anything else? Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
      WTF???? Do those posters really change? I never noticed that before. I've seen NS and Nokia ones. Anything else? Wow!
      I got one! SAW4 German ad.

Comment

methinks this new patch has something to do with BF:H being on the 2142 engine...

Comment

Are you sure about that? It would have to be a HEAVILY modified version... And seeing as 2142 runs off of "BF2 Engine", it would more likely be a modded BF2 Engine... But I personally don't think its either. The gameplay is so different, it would be easier to build a new engine than to have to pick an engine apart THAT much.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
            Are you sure about that? It would have to be a HEAVILY modified version... And seeing as 2142 runs off of "BF2 Engine", it would more likely be a modded BF2 Engine... But I personally don't think its either. The gameplay is so different, it would be easier to build a new engine than to have to pick an engine apart THAT much.
            It's been stated somewhere in the dev notes that it's a further modded 2142 engine.

Comment

Really? Weird :|:

Comment

It depends what country you're in. It has different ones that swap. In the US we usually get I am Legend and some other ones. If you remember in the beginning some said DELL, and a few said Ghostrider.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin View Post
                  Really? Weird :|:
                  3rd person view is already built in to the engine (vehicles and BF2 sandbox has it for infantry), the hardest part would be to get the cartoony look probably. (Not a graphic designer, I have no idea how hard it is to get the TF2 style in games.)

Comment

Lol I got Dell ads and some discovery ones too when I had a static ip for a while.

Its not really hard to make cartoony models and skins etc.

Comment

Yeah US gets stupid movie ads and stuff. I hardly ever even take notice as to whats on them i dont think its every effective advertising but it is clever seeing that your getting at people while they are spending time playing video games

Comment

you know what would suck? before you play the game you get over run by advertisement and when your idle in the menu a Coca Cola ad comes fly by (free version of Far Cry has it AAH)

Comment

damn i'm in US and i haven't seen any of those ads... wtf?

Comment

I was run over by a FAV whilst reading the new Iron Man poster - so yes they can be a distraction :nod:

Comment

I don't get all the whining and complaining. Is there ad billboards in every direction you look or are some gamers so easily distracted and lose their concentration because an ad for a new movie is floating in their minds? Language barriers asides, I doubt soldiers in Iraq paid any attention to billboards or graffiti when on duty.

Comment

Originally posted by BandoIruka View Post
                                I doubt soldiers in Iraq paid any attention to billboards or graffiti when on duty.
                                :thumbsup: hey you never know.. I believe that a good soldier is always paying attention to his seroundings...

In the Netherlands we got some Intel advertisements in the past and a promotion of the booster pack Northern Strike but that's it as far as I can remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X