Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: An unexpected result of small maps?

Originally posted by -UtC- Iquere « View Post
    There should be different sizes for the maps... Like in BF, where most maps have 16/32/64 player sizes. One small version for S&D etc and one bigger for more random killing like TDM
    Actually some people are used to having no respawns on large maps, games like rainbow six, ghost recon, or america's army. It was just the waiting around after death that could get boring, however even them some of us actually enjoyed just sitting back and watching after we died, especially if your watching a friend, or eating, drinking, smoking ect. COD4 especially is a pleasure to watch, as we get into that realism layer of graphics, throw on top some VOIP to humanize the charecters involved, and it starts to feel like your watching some kind of video clip.

The stock maps really aren't for 32 players, even at times 20 players can be a bit much, whats worse is most of the maps are so small they make m203s and grenades too powerful, especially at the start of a round when everyone knows where everyone else is. however having no respawns REALLY does help with this, especially after the start, cause thats when people start conserving what they have left.

If your like me, and some times the maps feel to cramped, or your just getting rainned with nades and M203s, just get into a Mod map. I mean pretty much everyone have ranked up offically, so thats not holding anyone back.

even with respawns on, alot of the mod maps are incredibly spacious and some offer maps lay outs, and mods to the gameplay it self, that it feels like your playing almost a whole different game.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if your bored with this game (on PC), right now, it's your own fault.

Comment

thats why i enjoy playing S&D so much, because once veryone else is dead and its around 3 on 3, it actually gets FUN. you only then have to start thinking where people might pop out from, or where a sniper might be hiding... the only reason why servers on the PC are so big is because you have to pay for them, meaning people will want to make the most out of their money... XBox (and i believe PS3 as well) are limited to 12 people a game, which makes it funner and more enjoyable instead of just a nade fest because it gives you a chance to get the game going and it actaully makes you use your brain...

Comment

"casual killing"
        ...i get what you mean

Comment

Working...
        X